Pages: [1]
Author Topic: who made the tune?  (Read 3854 times)
Stompen

2002 Audi A4 1.8T

« on: July 13, 2012, 01:56:43 AM »

Is it possible to find out who made the tuned file? Is there a signature that could give us a clue?

I have a friend who just bought a Golf GTI mk4 (1.Cool the guy that sold it claimed it had 220HP. there were no reciepts in the car from the tuning company, he didn`t know what company tuned it, and I cant find any tuners here in Norway that have 220Hp tunes for this car..

It runs stock DV, stock turbo, stock exhaust and stock inj, so I find it hard to believe this car has a stage 2 chip.. 
thom337

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 06:18:26 AM »

Browse around in 8-bit for ASCII...usually you'll find a watermark towards the end of a FLASH .bin. You may also want to check the EEPROM, it might have a company name in it too.
pvl

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 05:59:55 PM »

try to read it out. Then take a hex-editor and open the file in it, and search for plain text.
Most tuners leave a 'hint'  or 'spam' in their chips.

220bhp is quite alot for such a car on a fully stock config. Better dyno it, or do the vcds-dyno thing.
That will tell +/- what it has as of power.

scroll-on as the english translation is halfway down on the website :

http://www.whoopsie.de/home/doku.php?id=software:obddyno

Have fun logging !!!   If you do it correctly in 3'rd or 4'th gear, you get pretty accurate dynoplots.

Cheers,

PvL
Stompen

2002 Audi A4 1.8T

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 02:23:46 PM »

Thats what I thought as well. stage 1 is normally 195-ish hp, and anything above usually means changing components...

I`ll try finding the signature in the file, and then try logging to see what he actually have under the bonnet.

Thanks  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: