Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can't get into boot mode no matter how much I try...  (Read 2576 times)
Mulvarney

« on: August 12, 2016, 07:55:37 PM »

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

A little info (ME7.5 ECU)- today I drove home from work and wanted to copy my Original bin to my PC so I have a backup and base to start from.  All went well.  Copy saved and now in a file on my desktop and at work.  I wanted to make sure I had the process down with my standard files before contemplating moving on.

The issue arose when I tried to flash the Original file back to the car.  Whats happened is down to me not noticing the laptop charger lead had become detached from the laptop meaning the computer died when carrying out the required flash.  So needless to say the ECU is now not working!

I have tried to reflash a couple of times but the MPPS software tells me to contact them and email the issue over.  The car would not start and I'm a little worried. Huh

What I have done is remove the ECU and make a bench setup (I'm and electronics and electrical engineer in a hospital).  SO power supply is set up and MPPS reads the power from the supply well.  Ive checked the ECU is receiving power and it is connected up as per this site images.  What happens is I try to write over boot mode after groundin the pin out and it does not work.  AM I going obviuosly wrong?  Pin 24 is grounded and power to the ecu is off then on in sequence as per site instructions.  But still no good.

I'm meant to be driving to France on Monday which is about 50 hours away so really need to get the car back up and running.  If anyone could help I'd be eternally grateful. Huh
prj

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 06:27:42 PM »

You need to describe the process in detail.

For example:
1. Which mode are you using in MPPS to try to flash the ECU? What are you selecting from the dropdown? You are supposed to be selecting Generic Bosch as car make.
2. What is the exact process of powering up the ECU? Which pins have you got connected? You might need pin 121 +12v as well besides the ground, other 12v and K.
3. Where do you ground pin 24 to? Are you sure it is Pin 24 you are grounding? The pin is supposed to be grounded to the board, NOT directly to the power supply, as then you are going to fry the ECU. Pins are read counter-clockwise from pin 1 on the chip. Make sure you have 24.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: