Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need a little help regarding ME7 tuning.  (Read 5729 times)
Sacula92

« on: July 05, 2016, 06:50:37 AM »

Hello NefMoto members!

Since a few days i am the proud owner of a VW Golf Mk4 1.8T (AUM 06A906032HJ), no aftermarket engine parts AFAIK, and am very interested in tuning it myself.
Besides that i also own a VW Golf Mk1 Cabriolet 1.6 and a VW Golf Mk4 2.0 (06A906032FK) on LPG.
I have been working on a xdf file for 06A906032FK (comparing with other bins/winols), since i can't find any definition file for the 32FK, but i never really got to flashing a modified bin to the car.

For the 06A906032HJ i did find a well defined xdf file and thus I'm basically ready to start.
I've read the S4 Wiki about ME7 (Still a little overwhelming though, ME7 looks quite complicated), but it still leaves me confused on where to actually start and what to modify.
Also i don't really get the terms like "LOAD" (Yes i did google).

Could someone help me on where to start/what to read/what to modify for a basic tune? Will be much appreciated.
I am not asking for someone to tune for me, I'd just like to learn it myself without blowing up my engine.
The cable i am using is a "galletto 1260".

Thank you for reading Smiley,

Sacula92

SB_GLI

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 11:05:44 AM »

Start by making small changes to LDRXN / LAMFA, flash, and note the differences by logging.

Read one of the community Stage I projects.. there's one for an A4 that should walk you through the basics of a stage I for a 1.8t.
Sacula92

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 07:55:18 AM »

Oh okay, i'll check the walkthrough and give it a try if i feel confident enough about what i am changing.
Could someone explain what LOAD actually means and how it is being used for calculations etc?

I've read it means:
"the theoretical Injector Time Open needed to reach stoich (Lambda= 1)"

I would like some more explaination on it though.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 09:18:36 AM »

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Load

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Sacula92

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 02:19:20 AM »

Thanks nyet,

So, Requested load on that page is basically KFMIRL (Engine load desired).
If i understand this correctly, increasing the value would mean the throttle valve opens up more (if not capped), or am i wrong?
The KFMIRL map of my Golf MK4 2.0 looks like this:

Why does the value vary between 12.21 to 9.73 for 10% throttle percentage, couldn't it be 12 for the whole RPM range?
Also, the highest value is about 129, could i increase it (and make sure it's not capped), giving me more power?

Just trying to understand how this works, wouldn't surprise me if I'm wrong, I'm here to learn.

Sacula92
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 04:05:07 AM »

its not throttle %
forget about kfmirl on n/a engine

the only way to make a little more power - timing and fuel
Sacula92

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 05:32:28 AM »

Oh okay, well i'd still like to know what that axis represents.
torque request in %?

What maps would i need to modify (and find) to change the fuel and timing for the Mk4 2.0?
Apparently every map is affected by other maps, and i know there is a lot of info on S4 wiki but i still can't really find out how to put the puzzle together, to simply change fuel or something.

Could someone explain this in a simple way, what map restricts/caps what, what would happen if i change that specific value, what that value represents.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 12:01:33 PM »

There is no simple explanation. You're going to just have to read the tuning page and the FR until you have specific questions.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: