Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What program to read and edit .bin files?  (Read 4611 times)
Calde315

« on: July 28, 2016, 05:09:27 AM »

I'm following along a few threads that people started when they were just getting into it and wanting to do small things like turn immo off. I've seen that Argdubs tool to read and write is essential along with the ME7_95040 tool that turbo put together works well in conjunction. I know the immo is just two bit changes from 01 -> 02 if memory serves me right. But what are you using to make those edits? Just a hex editor? I have HxD editor but was wondering if there is a standard one this forum uses.

As a secondary question, can a person turn off an immo of a 3rd party tuned ECU without wiping the contents of the ECU, via these methods? I'm still searching and learning, but these were two questions that I didn't see answered so far. 
adam-

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 06:22:26 AM »

First off, why do you need to immo off if it already has one/works?

If it's tuned, why are you trying to remove the immo?  I can only think you want to to make a profit by selling it/copying it.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 07:21:31 AM »

First off, why do you need to immo off if it already has one/works?

If it's tuned, why are you trying to remove the immo?  I can only think you want to to make a profit by selling it/copying it.
def is just trying to rip someone work...

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Calde315

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 07:32:25 AM »

Sorry folks, I didn't mean to come off as a crook. Not what I'm trying to do at all. I myself have a spare ECU and the current one in my car is stock. I am planning on taking the time to learn how to tune, and that's why I got a spare ECU. I was asked from a local forum member if he wants to sell his car anytime in the future if there was a way to sell the ECU that is tuned in his car so that he can sell it as stock and someone that wanted a canned tune from a vendor could buy it from him. I thought if he was just able to turn the immo off he could sell his tuned ECU to someone that wanted a tuned ECU and he could put a stock one back in his car.
It was a question that I wasn't sure about. Sorry if I came off as trying to make a quick buck as that's not my intentions.
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 08:41:14 AM »

0x00012 and 0x00022 bit change 2>1

0x0001c and 0x0002c lower value by 1.
* is checksum and checksum backup page. You need to be sure to change those values too otherwise it will result in a "no start" condition down the road.
Good luck
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:44:00 AM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Calde315

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 09:09:50 AM »

0x00012 and 0x00022 bit change 2>1

0x0001c and 0x0002c lower value by 1.
* is checksum and checksum backup page. You need to be sure to change those values too otherwise it will result in a "no start" condition down the road.
Good luck

Thanks. Looks like you're using WinOLS, I take it that can read and modify .bin files?
turboat

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 02:35:43 PM »

A hex editor is all you need for immo. Use whatever hex editor you like
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: