Pages: [1]
Author Topic: tunerpro help  (Read 7057 times)
bigjuan111

« on: September 26, 2016, 08:38:03 PM »

need help with my tunerpro the values on my x and Y axis on my tunerpro are all over the place...  pic of my issue
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:41:43 PM by bigjuan111 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 08:46:04 PM »

Thanks for posting

1) which ECU you're using
2) what xdf you're using.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bigjuan111

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 09:18:07 AM »

my ECU is a 06A906032LP according to the nefmoto file reading i took i also used the 800BB memory. ive tried several different .XDF here are a couple
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 09:33:25 AM »

You need to use an LP xdf or crossflash to compatible file that you have an xdf for.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bigjuan111

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 09:27:10 AM »

found some .kp files but i can't get mapdump to convert them... is there a post on here on how to convert them? because i cant seem to find it
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:11:13 PM by bigjuan111 » Logged
royce5950

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 11:03:19 PM »

kp is winols I believe. Nyet is right. I think your best bet is to read the eeprom, save your eeprom file to your computer. Once you have your eeprom image, disable immo and resave the file. Now you'll need to get into boot mode. there are FAQs and guides out there to assist with this. Once your in boot mode now you can re write you immo defeated eeprom image to the ecu. Now if all was done properly, you should be able to flash the ECU with a compatible (cross-flashable) more widely used original .bin. this will ensure that a more/better defined .xdf (tuner pro definition file) can be found in the deifnitions section here on the forum. Ensure you rename the original .bin that is now on your ECU to something you can remember and tell apart from other .bin files if you have a ton of different .bins on your computer... I recommend putting your new original bin in an entirely new folder and date it. Anyways now you can open up the .bin in tuner pro with the corresponding definition (.dxf) and get your tune on  Cool

Any more questions I'm sure someone or myself can assist.

It may seem like a lot of BS but you will be thankful you did this in the event you don't remember to correct chksum or you drop below 12v while flashing and your left with a brick... Bootmode is your good homie in this game... and you never know when you might find yourself in desperate need of your good homies assistance  Wink

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
adam-

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 01:58:16 AM »

Don't disable the immo when you don't need to.  Pull the EEPROM and dump (you've already got the dump so you're half way there).  EEPROM isn't much harder.  Store them so you've always got a reference.

Get a bootmode setup because you WILL brick it at some point.  Practice using it so you're not stressing out because you need the car for work tomorrow.

TunerPro isn't good because it's not really used for 1.8ts; I'd look at buying* WinOLS. Smiley There are well defined HN files (mine), and HJ stuff too.
royce5950

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 03:02:18 AM »

I personally have had much success with my mk4 1.8t using tunerpro. Very nice software considering its cost. I have in fact been considering buying winols just to see if I can quickly adapt and completely understand what I'm doing. I'm 100% comfortable using tunerpro though and thats just me.. I compare it to music production / recording / sampling... Doing just about anything in regards to creating music on a computer you'll need to find a DAW (digital audio workstation) that suits your production technique and your unique workflow. Its all about what works best for you. If you want to start creating your own definitions and doing any sort of professional tuning you'll want to purchase a copy of winols. If your just a hobby tuner looking to create a file or two and spend a little time dialing them in on your free time, then tunerpro will be just fine.

I personally think that sums it up alright but everyone has their own opinion on the topic. Do you think that is a pretty, at least somewhat, accurate point regarding which program might suit a users personal preference @adam- ?

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
adam-

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 01:56:01 PM »

Mhmm. Smiley But searching for maps isn't that easy. Sad
royce5950

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 08:48:06 AM »

Oh of course not. But from what I've gathered, winOLS would definitely suit a user with the intent of putting together their own definitions in comparison to tuner pro. All in all I would definitely recommend every user atleast start with tunerpro and then at that point if they are serious about this and they wish to do this on a regular basis, whether that be for personal use, personal and friends or even on a professional level, winOLS would likely be the way to go... But  in my opinion, if someone had the money to spend and they were REALLY serious about this, they would want to order the maestro tuning suite. Thats like 900 bucks though  Shocked

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 09:34:50 AM »

if someone had the money to spend and they were REALLY serious about this, they would want to order the maestro tuning suite.

Ugh. No. That is for somebody that is definitely not serious, and thinks that spending money is a substitute for learning how things work.

ECUx Plot

royce5950

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 05:37:28 PM »

I've never had anything in life handed to me and I have absolutely never had mommy and daddy in my life to buy me whatever I wanted or to give me butt loads of money. Its always been me against the world and if I wanted something, even to this day, I have to put my mind to work, develop a plan on how to obtain or achieve my objective and ultimately reach my goals...

The same goes for my car and tuning. I do not, and likely may never have the funds to throw at a program like maestro... But I do think that its all about how you approach the program and what the users overall needs are for the program...

Basically from what I've gathered about the program is that it includes a large number of very useful tools and resources that can be extremely helpful in a multitude of various situations...

It has an injector wizard:

You can view log data in realtime and playback log data in a number of different views. This shows log data being played back w/ gauges.

I think of course there are always going to be people out there who want to pay 800 dollars for a shortcut but if someone wanted to do that why not just buy a OTS tune? maestro 7 has a lot of other advantages too as far as I understand. The maps are extremely defined!! when you look at screenshots you can see the detail and how many deifnitions there are. Also you still need to learn how to use the program and in order to run anything more or acomplish anything more than flashing a eurodyne base map to your ecu, you will still need to learn how to make adjustments to various scalers tables and maps, and you need to have AT LEAST general understanding of the way your engine works and what the functions are that play out in your ECU... Because I'm sure you can easily fuck something up same as we can tuning with winOLS and tunerpro... and vagedc15 suite Tongue lol

But thats just my opinion. I've never used the program personally and I never plan to. I've got my workflow locked in no need to change anything even if I hd hundreds of dollars.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: