Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: cant download nefmoto software  (Read 8290 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2022, 12:30:52 PM »

Brother  it’s like you’re speaking Chinese to me. I have a hard time believing I’m the only person that’s had an issue with this. I’m mean I am down to learn… literally just rebuild my tranny but. This whole posting my own link to exe is on another level… any help would be much appreciated

C:\Program Files (x86)\NefMotoECUFlasher is not chinese, broh.

seriously, you're overthinking things.

either that, or you really are way over your head.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Matthewest91

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2022, 07:53:19 PM »

Grabbing life by the horns.
My man! Lol

Nefmoto is officially installed. Working on the driver for the cable
Matthewest91

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2022, 05:14:45 PM »

grabbing life by the horn.
My man....

so i was able to connect to the ecu, but while doing so i could not change my baud rate. the only option was 104800 ... or something like that... will the option to change the rate open up in another function? or am i missing something?

here was the screen after finding out my spare ecu(that im practicing on ) has an immo ... so here we go learning that step.

Matthewest91

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2022, 05:20:09 PM »

Validated FTDI device is in dumb mode.
Disconnected
Connecting...
Starting slow init connection.
Connecting to address 0x01.
Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP1281 session.
KWP1281 connect info: 'B0907551AL 2.71 V6/5VT
G 000104A
Connecting to address 0x01.
Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP2000 session.
Sending start communication request.
Connected
Disabling Windows sleep mode.
Reading ECU flash memory.
Reading ECU identification option: calibrationEquipmentSoftwareNumber
Read ECU identification option with unknown scaling record.
Successfully read CU identification information
ECU reports programming session preconditions have not been met.
Reasons preconditions failed:
-Immobilizer not authenticated
Continuing despite programming session preconditions not being met.
Requesting security access.
ECU reports that security access is not supported.
Starting diagnostic session.
Start diagnostic session failed, ECU reports conditions not correct or sequence error. This can oc 100% complete.
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
Too many consecutive unsolicited messages from CU, disconnecting.
Disconnecting...
Disconnected
Restoring Windows sleep mode.
Matthewest91

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2022, 06:14:14 PM »

just found this while looking up how to turn immo off...

ArgDub

[applaud] [smite]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: ME7_95040 - EEPROM programmer« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2012, 07:04:41 AM »
The baud rate option is for boot mode only. Baud rate while connecting with kwp1281 protocol is fixed by the ecu at 10400.

Tool won't work in bootmode without some changes, just checked the 95080 datasheet and found differences with 95040 on the 'Read from Memory Array' instruction format.

_nameless

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2022, 06:44:55 PM »

You are getting your information mixxed up, the info that you are reading is about a command line program and is not directly related to nefmoto flasher. Nefmoto flasher has known bugs immo authentication is one of them and  I'm about 90% sure that disabling the immo will only make the problem worse for port flashing. Your best bet in my opinion is to fork up more then like $15 bucks and get a decent cable like mpps v16 as that has bootmode flash built in. You CAN use your blue cable for boot mode but it involves reflashing the cable with mprog to change the serial number to use with galletto, or patch galletto software with the serial number that's in your current cable. Flashing the calibration file (eprom) is not the same as flashing the 95040 immo (eeprom). Argdub made a command line tool to flash the eeprom and really has nothing to do with the calibration file. Flashing the calibration file can be done thru the port or on the bench in bootmode. While grounding a pin on the ecu it will boot up in programming mode, it requires specific software and nefmoto does not support bootmode. Also, I just want to point out that you may want to get yourself familiar with bootmode flashing as you are 1 incomplete read, one dead battery, one crashed program, one mistakenly unplugged cable away from being stuck in program mode or with a bricked ecu.        
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 07:40:09 PM by _nameless » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Matthewest91

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2022, 10:29:05 PM »

So I’ve got a 30$ Amazon vag/k (commander cable) it was in the thread of known cables tested thread… my galleto cable is on the way… my situation is that I am not starting on my ecu out of a 2000 a6 2.7, so no immo….
I have a spare ecu that I started with and I as able to connect first try… I tried reading it and found that this one had an immo…. So now I’m a the hunt to learn bash or what have you on the terminal…. I am over my head but fuck it. I want to learn… I’ve got my Bench harness made, that’s how everything is set up now… I grounded pin 24  and the prompt for args program came up, the help portion came up but honestly this is where my skill set ends for now….
Matthewest91

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2022, 10:43:48 PM »

Forgive this post. I’ll Be surprised if my image comes up. Smh
_nameless

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2022, 11:03:07 PM »

Forgive this post. I’ll Be surprised if my image comes up. Smh
Some s4 files do not have a immo and if you flash the non immo s4 file to the immo on ecu it will disable the immo from cross flashing. Your engine code is apb so you can use the a box or m box file. Verify your maf as some use bosch and some use hitachi. 

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2022, 11:06:39 PM »

this is a gui for eeprom flasher

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1168.0;attach=32744

Matthewest91

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2022, 01:15:49 PM »

Matthewest91

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2022, 02:14:05 PM »

can someone walk me thru how to post my screenshot.... i am using the Gimp app, downloaded from the thread "how to take a screenshot".

i tried clicking the insert image button above and then copying my image and pasting it , but nothing.

Update....
TBH all of this is overwhelming... i gave up on the immobilizer ecu for now... the command terminal is way over my head..... also that ecu came from an auto car, so im sure ill have to mess with that... and im not totally sure which maf it has.... so ill come back to it....

I decided grab my ecu out of my car, and hooked it up to the bench, flashed it and saved the original file to my desktop... it took me a few hours but finally did a checksums on it!!!!! ( i was so fuckin  pumped)

now more researching

I deeply appreciate the help guys!

Matthewest91

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2022, 03:45:08 PM »

ok so my ecu is a

4b0907551k
0 261 206 561        With 2 other sets of numbers... boo9721711590044 and 26sA6432

i have my stock bin file saved. what is next? obtaing a xdf?...
I read somewhere to flash a bosch m box... and that there is one for  over in the community tune thread... but what does that mean. is that like a stock s4 bin, and then i also use the xdf that goes with that bin?

also which one if this is correct do i use...
is it the * 551M Bosch.bin?

here is the post in the community tune thread...

Re: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 05:06:21 PM »

* Nefmoto stage1.xdf (14.94 KB - downloaded 568 times.)
* 551L Bosch.bin (1024 KB - downloaded 153 times.)
* 551M Hitachi.bin (1024 KB - downloaded 206 times.)
* 551L Hitachi.bin (1024 KB - downloaded 148 times.)
* 551M Bosch.bin (1024 KB - d
Matthewest91

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2022, 05:13:39 PM »

So I’ve got a 30$ Amazon vag/k (commander cable) it was in the thread of known cables tested thread… my galleto cable is on the way… my situation is that I am not starting on my ecu out of a 2000 a6 2.7, so no immo….
I have a spare ecu that I started with and I as able to connect first try… I tried reading it and found that this one had an immo…. So now I’m a the hunt to learn bash or what have you on the terminal…. I am over my head but fuck it. I want to learn… I’ve got my Bench harness made, that’s how everything is set up now… I grounded pin 24  and the prompt for args program came up, the help portion came up but honestly this is where my skill set ends for now….

ok so i back to the ecu with the immobilizer....
this was my attept in bootmode... this is the first step correct? where am i going wrong?
did i not get into bootmode? how are my entries into the command? you can see my adjustment in the second attempt. under my device manager it says my cable is set to port 3.... but also when i go to the advanced setting and try to set it to port 1 and hit ok... i dont see any changes?

--bootmode MEM_TYPE   Use this option to program the EEPROM in boot mode.
                           Allowed memory types: [95040 | 95080 | 95160 | 95P08].
 -r, --read                Read EEPROM contents and save it to file.
 -w, --write               Write a file to EEPROM.
 -s, --screen              Displays EEPROM contents on the screen.
     --CSpin               Set the CPU chip select (CS) output. eg: P4.7
                           The following table shows all available ports with
                           its corresponding physical address.
                              Port   PortReg   DirControlReg
                              P2     0xFFC0    0xFFC2
                              P3     0xFFC4    0xFFC6
                              P4     0xFFC8    0xFFCA
                              P6     0xFFCC    0xFFCE
                              P7     0xFFD0    0xFFD2
                              P8     0xFFD4    0xFFD6
     --help                Display this help and exit.

Usage example:
   Read EEPROM over OBD port:         $ ME7_EEPROM --OBD -r -p 1 95040.bin
   Print EEPROM contents to srcreen:  $ ME7_EEPROM --OBD -p1 --screen
   Write file to EEPROM in bootmode:  $ ME7_EEPROM --bootmode 95040 -wp1 95040.bin

It's free for hobby use.
This software is provided "as is", with NO WARRANTY.
email: agv.tuning@gmail.com

C:\Users\Matt\Desktop> ME7_EEPROM --bootmode -r -p 3  95040.bin
'ME7_EEPROM' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Matt\Desktop>ME7_EEPROM --OBD --bootmode -r -p 1  95040.bin
'ME7_EEPROM' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Matt\Desktop>
Geomeo

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2022, 05:30:39 PM »

Ctrl printscreen button for everything or ctrl alt print screen for the window that is highlighted up the top.  Then open up ms paint and paste.  Save as a jpg.  No real apps needed etc.  But for the most part here anyway always try to grab the text first instead of a screenshot.

me7_95040.exe" --bootmode -r -p 1 95040.bin. If all else fails google exactly what you typed in. 

I kinda got lazy reading the whole thread, but what exactly are you trying to do anyway?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: