Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Overboost throttle closure  (Read 3312 times)
Dave9n3

« on: June 05, 2020, 01:51:56 PM »

Hi,

Throttle is closing and effectively limiting engine speed when MAP sensor limit is exceeded, fuelling is in check and not leaning out. I've lifted various limits such as LULS, KFLDHBM, EDLDRP etc etc.

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of the table or tables that dictate how much throttle closure there is in an overboost condition? or when MAP sensor limit is exceeded? would appreciate a nudge in the right direction for stopping the throttle closure.

Getting throttle closure over MAP sensor limit (far from ideal boosting over map sensor limit) I haven't yet learnt enough to complete a full 5120 hack which would be the ideal scenario.

thanks in advance
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 01:57:42 PM by Dave9n3 » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 02:54:37 PM »

I run 3 cars they boost over MAP limit. Never had any throttle closing. And yes your logs are so good
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 03:30:38 PM »

I run 3 cars they boost over MAP limit. Never had any throttle closing. And yes your logs are so good

Ignore this. There are tons of reasons going over MAP limit will cause problems.

Do not go over MAP limit.

Go 5120 or stay well under the MAP limit.

You have been warned. Anything else is straight up bad advice.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Dave9n3

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 03:50:43 PM »

Ignore this. There are tons of reasons going over MAP limit will cause problems.

Do not go over MAP limit.

Go 5120 or stay well under the MAP limit.

You have been warned. Anything else is straight up bad advice.

Thanks Nyet,

I'd love to sort the ASM changes as I've already made the changes to the maps/tables for the 5120 hack for my soft version but I haven't yet sorted the ASM divisions. I am following the 06A906032HS community thread and have just added some locations for the OP to look through. I'm just not up to making the ASM divisions myself yet.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 03:55:51 PM »

Thanks Nyet,

I'd love to sort the ASM changes as I've already made the changes to the maps/tables for the 5120 hack for my soft version but I haven't yet sorted the ASM divisions. I am following the 06A906032HS community thread and have just added some locations for the OP to look through. I'm just not up to making the ASM divisions myself yet.

Totally get it, and I would help but unfortunately I don't have much time for tuning anymore. Will help analyzing logs but doing in depth ASM work is way too much of a time sink.

I highly recommend not going past MAP until you have it sorted fully. Sorry, maybe not what you wanted to hear but from experience too many things can go wrong.. Now, granted, this is from a customer car perspective (not my own), where the customer isn't even aware his WG lines went bad...

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Dave9n3

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 04:04:07 PM »

If the OP of the thread doesn't continue it i'll try and push it myself. There's a lot in the 5120 thread so that should help. I and others cant expect to be spoon fed or have everyone proof read everything we do.

Though there's lots of good people on here who usually help when you make it easy for them to do so.

I'll try and get some proper me7logger logs of it in action with loads of variables, I don't like doing things the hack way but atm its the only way I have.

Much rather have closed loop than open.
cessnas

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 02:29:01 AM »

I had a similar issue with an B6 build. It was boost by gear that closed the throttle plate then. Didnt realize the B6 ECU's had this function.
Dave9n3

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 03:37:05 AM »

Was that the map MDBGRGA?

I will have a look but I think that map is flat 1’s across it
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 08:18:06 AM »

Don't listen to him. That isn't the issue.

Please don't try to "fix" it. The mechanism that is closing throttle is the only thing saving you from grenading your motor.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: