Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: 037 906 018C immo off directions to edit and fix checksum or upload immo off  (Read 24650 times)
samueljmullen

you’re awesome and I super appreciate you helping me with this. So I’m guessing I can directly apply 12v to the pin indicated while the test strip is on it (I assume I don’t need to apply ground as that’s probably done by the test strip. This will allow me to read it, also write when I’m ready to immo? Please confirm, thanks!
samueljmullen

I read somewhere that automotive eeproms, commonly, the pin layouts are inverted, is that true? I might have misread that
elektronik13

you’re awesome and I super appreciate you helping me with this. So I’m guessing I can directly apply 12v to the pin indicated while the test strip is on it (I assume I don’t need to apply ground as that’s probably done by the test strip. This will allow me to read it, also write when I’m ready to immo? Please confirm, thanks!
if both devices are on common ground
you don't need anything else
elektronik13

I read somewhere that automotive eeproms, commonly, the pin layouts are inverted, is that true? I might have misread that
it is possible, make sure it is not
samueljmullen

ok I’ll do a little more research, thanks for the quick reply
samueljmullen

sometimes everything I write doesn’t post:

here’s the source for the automotive inverted eeproms, true or not. Ok I’m going to take your comment as an affirmative. I’m going to go ahead and test with the 12v applied directly with the test clip. If I get my car emergency started today then it’ll be maybe tomorrow when I can actually proceed to read the eeprom dump
elektronik13

sometimes everything I write doesn’t post:

here’s the source for the automotive inverted eeproms, true or not. Ok I’m going to take your comment as an affirmative. I’m going to go ahead and test with the 12v applied directly with the test clip. If I get my car emergency started today then it’ll be maybe tomorrow when I can actually proceed to read the eeprom dump
if the eeprom is not reversed then pin 2,3,4 are ground
and pin 8 is +12
check with pin 8 if it is +12
when ecu powered
https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/446882/TGS/24C02.html
http://www.datasheetq.com/24C02-doc-Atmel
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 02:54:34 PM by elektronik13 » Logged
samueljmullen

I googled inverted eeprom pins and didn’t find anything, yet; so that might have been misinformation. I did look at the datasheet and it’s saying ~5v for the supply voltage so I’m hesitant to apply the full 12v. I also notices there’s no write protection on the 24c02 (which is mine) as opposed to the 24c03 with write protection. I was doing more reading on a different bigger chip and it was specifying 12v to write but the read pin was different as well
samueljmullen

attached
samueljmullen

not sure how I’d step the voltage from 12v to 5v without accidentally erasing/writing to the eeprom
elektronik13

I googled inverted eeprom pins and didn’t find anything, yet; so that might have been misinformation. I did look at the datasheet and it’s saying ~5v for the supply voltage so I’m hesitant to apply the full 12v. I also notices there’s no write protection on the 24c02 (which is mine) as opposed to the 24c03 with write protection. I was doing more reading on a different bigger chip and it was specifying 12v to write but the read pin was different as well
eeprom always has +5 power nothing else
+12 will kill eeprom
if you power up +12 ECU, you only need SC SD AND GROUND +5 will give the ECU to the eeprom
samueljmullen

Or maybe the extra voltage wouldn’t hurt it? I can always ‘try it out’
samueljmullen

You replied quickly. So apply the 12v to the ECU? Is there a way to do that? I know I could hook it up MPPS style and apply the 12v but maybe that tutorial was only for flashing and not reading. hmmmmmmm
samueljmullen

I’m glad I didn’t immediately apply the 12v directly to the eeprom. That would have been an ‘oops moment’ lol
elektronik13

You replied quickly. So apply the 12v to the ECU? Is there a way to do that? I know I could hook it up MPPS style and apply the 12v but maybe that tutorial was only for flashing and not reading. hmmmmmmm
eeprom can be deleted by itself, only below + 5v
but I don't know anything about it
give +12 on ecu as mpps says on eeprom there will be +5 pin 8
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 03:11:56 PM by elektronik13 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: