Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: MAFless and ME7.1 again  (Read 114438 times)
prj

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2015, 09:09:29 AM »

So how would YOU do it? Isn't it exact same path that ecu takes when maf is disconnected?

I do it like this:
http://prj-tuning.com/files/pics/20150417_192017.jpg

But if I wanted to run it in limp mode on secondary air path, I would disable the mass flow too low fault class, and then ECU automatically does everything needed.
Single value change vs your one million changes.

And for ESP there is another single byte patch to fix it.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
masterj

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »

I do it like this:
http://prj-tuning.com/files/pics/20150417_192017.jpg

But if I wanted to run it in limp mode on secondary air path, I would disable the mass flow too low fault class, and then ECU automatically does everything needed.
Single value change vs your one million changes.

And for ESP there is another single byte patch to fix it.

Well with my approch there is no actual limp mode (even hidden one via error class). Everything works perfectly, no loss of power too. Just need to adjust airflow per throttle plate angle map if tb is different. Also no need for any esp patches - everything works out of box. Btw only three jumps need editing + 1map. I wouldnt call it a million... As a side plus - all the cycle bits are set as they should be. But i suppose that theres more than one way to skin a cat... Atleast now some info regarding mafless is for everyone to see...

prj

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2015, 07:42:32 AM »

Well with my approch there is no actual limp mode (even hidden one via error class).
Of course there is. The secondary air path IS limp mode. You are just hacking the limp mode to be constantly on.
Everything works perfectly
That's not true, and it never will be. Secondary load does not work well in vacuum conditions and on transients.

The only correct way to do this, is how I showed you. And this is why the factory does it this way on TT-RS (2 pressure sensors) and RS6 V10TT (3 pressure sensors).
What you did can be 1:1 replicated by changing 2 bytes.

Log your car properly.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2015, 07:39:50 PM »

Prj, to confirm, do you use the maf input for the second map sensor?

Also, no n249  Grin

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
elRey

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2015, 09:10:03 PM »

'limp' mode implies running at a lower|limited performance level. I'm not sure running 'alternative' air path means 'limp' as much as it does 'alternative'. Just MO. 

A blind person can run just as fast as someone who can see. ..... on a flat sureface.... with no obsticles.....

Also, I don't see much difference between a MAF/narrowband car and a MAFless/wideband car.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:15:40 PM by elRey » Logged
automan001

« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2015, 06:16:53 AM »

The only correct way to do this, is how I showed you. And this is why the factory does it this way on TT-RS (2 pressure sensors)
Is it AUDI TT RS 2.5 TFSI, engine code CEPB, ECU 8J0907404* (P, Q)?
It would be interesting to look at how they configured it Smiley
prj

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2015, 12:11:53 AM »

Prj, to confirm, do you use the maf input for the second map sensor?

Also, no n249  Grin

N249 is already fitted, the car came to us without, sure I use the MAF input, but you can use any 0-5V input you like, for example rear o2.

Also, I don't see much difference between a MAF/narrowband car and a MAFless/wideband car.
Secondary air path = limp mode.
It is precisely reduced accuracy of load measurement. This is why ESP does not want to work with this out of the box.
If you don't see the difference, then so be it - the OEM clearly does, and you can argue with Bosch about it, not with me.

This is also why TT-RS is using two pressure sensors and wideband.

But hey, keep running cars in limp mode with MBC's. Who cares as long as it runs on WOT right?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:13:27 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2015, 03:46:49 AM »

TT-RS only uses one pressure sensor as a load input, and it's the appropriately named MAP sensor (psr). pvd is used for boost control purposes only.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
prj

« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2015, 10:01:31 AM »

TT-RS only uses one pressure sensor as a load input, and it's the appropriately named MAP sensor (psr). pvd is used for boost control purposes only.
Yup, exactly. Same like the 2.7TT in the picture above.

The RS6 V10 has three pressure sensors, two for boost control pre-throttles and 1 in the manifold.

Log your car properly.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2015, 04:21:59 PM »

I've probably done more C6 RS6s than you could dream of dmitri, and I think I knew what was on them before you even started thinking about tuning cars Smiley

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2015, 04:25:32 PM »

So the question is how do tell the ECU to use a true MAP sensor (downstream of tb) instead of a MAF.

Honestly, it doesn't matter who thought of it first, only whoever publishes their knowledge first. If nobody wants to do that, that is fine, but don't expect any accolades for saying "I know this and you don't" Tongue

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2015, 05:02:29 PM »

I have an idea about how prj is doing this, but I'll let him post it up, as there would be no way for me to know exactly what he's done. The neatest way would be to recompile a new file with the load calculation part taken entirely from a MAP sensor ME7 file, but that's way beyond my abilities, I can only dream of it...

IamwhoIam

« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2015, 05:13:21 PM »

Honestly, it doesn't matter who thought of it first, only whoever publishes their knowledge first. If nobody wants to do that, that is fine, but don't expect any accolades for saying "I know this and you don't" Tongue

I never implied I thought of it first, because the first ones who ever thought about it were Bosch Smiley I only meant to say that I've known about what's on an RS6 and/or TT-RS since way before they came out, and that's a FACT, nothing more, nothing less.

ddillenger

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2015, 07:06:28 PM »

that's a FACT, nothing more, nothing less.

I love baked macaroni and cheese.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2015, 07:47:47 PM »

IThe neatest way would be to recompile a new file with the load calculation part taken entirely from a MAP sensor ME7 file

I'd hook up a MAP to the MAF input, re-use MLHFM to generate a pressure, and I suppose you could write up some code that calcs load thusly:

rl = (MAP sensor reading) * fupsrl * fpbrkds - rfagr

then somehow stuff the result where it needs to go.

Not sure how many places MAF readings are used, but somehow hopefully those are easy to disable.

Doesn't seem like a trivial change, unless there is pre-existing infrastructure in ME7 that does all this for you, as prj has implied.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: