Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WMI on small turbos  (Read 2123 times)
mutzicu

« on: September 04, 2019, 08:17:39 AM »

Hi all,
It has been discussed before, I've read a few topics, but didn't want to bump any of those as I have a more general question
Currently I am running the small K03 on the 1.8T Audi TT engine. It has the stock intercooler. I am planning in the future to upgrade to a big GT turbo, but this is quite an extensive work and investment on my side that can't happen for the moment. I would still consider for the moment to find ways to squeeze a bit more power off this engine. I'm not running it maxxed out, it's on the safe side, DD car. It's decat, running a custom 76mm stainless steel downpipe+exhaust. I think it's tuned now to reach about 210hp (from the base 180 factory).
I was thinking these days about solutions to run the engine cooler and installing a FMIC is out of the question as I plan to do that once I upgrade the turbo as obviously all the intake should change. I don't think it's worth investing now in a FMIC to fit the K03. Looking around, I think that watermeth injection would be the solution. I am interested in your opinion if this is worth doing for a small investment - a kit that I can access from NX is between 400 - 600USD, which I consider is not such a big investment and could probably bring some gains to the engine performance. Seems easy to install and relatively easy to base tune it.
Thanks
Blazius

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 09:44:19 AM »

You can do a DIY WMI for way cheaper than 400 , hell 50 bucks or so.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: