Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VagCom datalogging resets every 5 secons!!!!!!!!  (Read 6424 times)
eliotroyano

« on: September 29, 2014, 05:44:27 PM »

Hi friends. I need some advice. I am been helping a friend with a 1992 VW Corrado SLC VR6 with 021906258CD 0261203041 ECU.
I can connect to ECU, read DTCs, clean it, etc.... but when I try to made some datalogs using measuring values, VagCom connection resets every 5seconds aprox. ECUĀ“s earths have been checked several times and are OK.
Anyone have the same trouble? Some advice will be great.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 09:27:42 PM »

What variables are you trying to log? What did you plan on doing with the information? Are you trouble shooting an issue?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
eliotroyano

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 04:49:06 AM »

What variables are you trying to log? What did you plan on doing with the information? Are you trouble shooting an issue?

In try to solve a dieseling problem. But any measure block you log, it starts ok and after 5 seconds aprox, I get Block #xxx Error in it fields.
prj

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 12:44:16 PM »

Get a genuine cable instead of china shit and everything will magically work.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
eliotroyano

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 01:09:40 PM »

Get a genuine cable instead of china shit and everything will magically work.

Thanks a lot for your recommendation. The weird thing is that I try using VCDS Lite and a dumb FT232RL KKL cable without luck too. That is the same cable I have been using in my car during years, without any trouble at all.
prj

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 03:51:49 PM »

That's the difference between a genuine cable and a china KKL or a china hex clone.
The fact that it worked on your X car does not mean it will work on another car.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 03:57:16 PM »

The sad thing is that ME7Logger will work with just about any FTDI cable.

VCDS? Newp.

Pay to play. Not a fan of the VDCS clones. They're garbage.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »

Not related to the logging, but I have had dieseling issues on my old 2E engine due to a short cirquit in the injector loom. When this is grounded, the engine will not shut down because it keeps the main relay open. Could remove my key from the lock and car would not die. Hope this helps in your search :-)

eliotroyano

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 05:16:08 AM »

Not related to the logging, but I have had dieseling issues on my old 2E engine due to a short cirquit in the injector loom. When this is grounded, the engine will not shut down because it keeps the main relay open. Could remove my key from the lock and car would not die. Hope this helps in your search :-)

Thanks a lot for the comment. I will check it too. At least ignition key controls car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: