Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unable to modify idle speed  (Read 8292 times)
OrBy

« on: October 01, 2013, 04:24:57 PM »

Dunno if this is the right place to start but here goes:

Car is a 2008 MK4 Golf City with a 2.0L BEV engine and a ME7.1.1 06A906032RF ECU.

I have installed a NeuSpeed supercharger and some stiffer engine mounts and they flashed the ECU with their tune for the charger.

In the winter it's running fine but the cold weather makes the mounts vibrate the cabin a good bit at idle and I would like to bump it up a bit to see if it smooths it out.

I am just using VCDS lite and a ebay cable and can read the values without issue but trying to modify them I just get ERROR.

Rosstech's site says you just need the engine up to temp and modify the ECU channel 1 value up from 128 to a max of 133 but a few other sites say you have to login with codes like 01283, 12233, or 11463 first. I have tried logging in with different codes but none allow me to modify channel 1 with out error.

Anyone have any insight?
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »

Download and install unisettings or lemmiwinks.

Google them.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
OrBy

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 07:03:25 PM »

Lemmiewinks reports that it's unable to find ecu adaptation channel storage locations on read and unisettings is able to "read" but on attempting to write it reports it's unable to find setting table in ram.

Nuespeed said that VCDS should not have an issue but this is kinda a oddball setup (super late model mk4, immo3, "chipped", etc....)
k0mpresd

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 07:17:17 PM »

Download and install unisettings or lemmiwinks.

Google them.

pretty sure no worky on 7.1.1. probably why guy above me has problems.

why not just dump the file and modify the idle manually?
Carsinc

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 08:13:08 PM »

Tomorrow I can test vcds on a me 7.1.1 to adjust idle.
I have always used unisettings, If I discover anything I'll pass it on.
OrBy

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 09:30:21 PM »

pretty sure no worky on 7.1.1. probably why guy above me has problems.
why not just dump the file and modify the idle manually?

I have a feeling your on to something there. I have backed up the tune and eeprom already (boot mode/Galletto/ME7EEPROM/self made bench cable since nothing seems to able to read or write it while in the car) I am more of a hardware hacker and not that skilled in the code side of things so attempting to modify the tune is kinda low on my solution list if some sort of on the fly odb2 solution could be found.

Tomorrow I can test vcds on a me 7.1.1 to adjust idle.
I have always used unisettings, If I discover anything I'll pass it on.

Thanks!
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 09:32:27 PM »

Send me your file, I will see if I can raise the idle. Shouldn't be an issue, but please put what it currently is in the email (in my sig).

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
OrBy

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »

Send me your file, I will see if I can raise the idle. Shouldn't be an issue, but please put what it currently is in the email (in my sig).

Sent!
Carsinc

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 08:12:24 PM »

I was unable to get any idle change on my me7.1.1 sorry.
But i think you will be taking care of.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: