Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2000 s4 2.7t 6 speed cant connect to ecu?  (Read 4282 times)
darkshado87
« on: October 28, 2013, 04:45:27 AM »

I have ran into this before when there was an aftermarket radio installed in a friends car, but i just acquired this car and can not connect to the ecu. the car still has factory radio, although i did notice an amp wire, and remote wire running to the trunk? The car starts and drives just fine, i have not tried connecting to any other module in the car threw obd2 (ive herd stories about burning up vagcom dongle / what ever else used) im going to check for voltage on k line this afternoon if there is no voltage present im going to try to connect to abs module or airbag. If i can connect to another module threw obd2 but just not the ecu what does this mean? the car starts runs and drives fine, but in order to pass nys inspection i need to be able to connect to the ecu! Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 06:26:31 AM »

Bad Abs module may cause you to not connect (try unplugging)

i had a car that was completely striped track car flashed it all the time no problems until one day wouldnt anymore ran a new k line from ecu to obd port
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: