Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Author Topic: KFMIRL, KFMIOP, KFMIZUOF - Torque Monitoring sanity check  (Read 193104 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 01:12:09 PM »

well I've just made a program with some radical changes to KFMIRL and to KFMIOP, as well as both optimal TQ maps...

We'll see how the car reacts... I basically built the maps with what IMO makes sense for the motors perspective

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Snow Trooper

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »

Mine reacted in a questionable manner.  I need to lock down some other issues before I can decide what's faster

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2011, 01:49:40 PM »

Well, if you've done it right, it shouldn't affect WOT at all. Its purely for part throttle drive-ability immediately above and below WG cracking pressure.

Also, PLEASE consider posting logs from setzis logger including the variables I posted earlier!

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2011, 02:16:24 PM »

I haven't tried his loger yet, I need to.

I copied rs4 values and got lots of chop off idle and massive TC @ 5000rpm.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
berTTos

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2011, 03:26:54 PM »

I haven't tried his loger yet, I need to.

I copied rs4 values and got lots of chop off idle and massive TC @ 5000rpm.

the RS4 maps have more data points on the x axis and obviously the axis is scaled differently for both KFMIRL and KFMIOP.  did you replicate the axis values?

also these tables likely need to be loosened up -

RLVNXN
RLVSMXN
KFMIZUFIL

and -
KFMIZUOF has different y axis scaling and output values are slightly different for 1000 RPM.

berTTos

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »

However, even WITH req torque well above act torque, I still see timing intervention. I have yet to discover the source.

Keep in mind that while actual torque may be well below requested it still may be in violation of KFMIOP or one of the Torque filtering tables - so TM may have initially intervened to reduce torque and this is WHY it is below actual yet it may not have reduced it enough to satisfy its torque delivery goals and so it is still attempting to intervene via timing.... maybe?

I did a couple of road trips recently and noticed big-time timing intervention at cruise on the highway - to the point of running noticeably rougher and producing a few misfires.  This was with a raised KFMIRL, stock KFMIOP, stock KFMIZUOF but RLVNXN, RLVSMXN and KFMIZUFIL completely loosened up.

With RLVNXN, RLVSMXN and KFMIZUFIL completely stock I was getting noticeable intervention via the throttle at cruise (very lumpy).

1/2 way into a 500 mi trip I switched KFMIRL to all stock except for the last 3 columns and the strange interventions ceased altogether for the rest of the trip. The car as startlingly smooth and happy.

sadly - there are so many occasions that I wish i had full logs of everything but don't and so I'm left to speculate.
Rick

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2011, 03:54:17 PM »

LDRXN is just a limiting map for requested load. For over 20psi you should scale IRL by gradually increasing the last 5 columns or so.

I will try and explain the true monitoring effects over the weekend when I have more time

Rick
TTQS
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2011, 05:07:03 AM »

Please find attached an .OLS file for the Audi RS4 2.7T 380 PS (ASJ/AZR engines) as discussed. If it is deemed to be authentic & useful, I'll also post it up in the definition files section. It decompresses to about 5 Mb.

...another one of the few already posted up here:

http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=126

Roll Eyes

TTQS
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:26:52 AM by TTQS » Logged
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2011, 06:04:23 AM »

thank you sir. I'll take a look today.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2011, 08:21:08 AM »

http://nyet.org/cars/files/8D0907551F.xdf

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2011, 01:03:40 PM »

rlmax_w caps output of KFMIRL:

rlmax_w comes from LDRXN, and KFMIRL comes from milsol, which is from mifal... which is driver spec torque
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:15:30 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2011, 01:18:32 PM »

Oh, one more thing... ECUx's labels are a misnomer. That might be the issue.

ECUx calls rlmax "EngineLoadCorrected" and rlmx "EngineLoadSpecified". Both are misnomers. To log actual req load, you're looking for rlsol, aka "EngineLoadRequested" from ECUx.

BTW you can confirm they are independent of pedal position Smiley

Log. You can watch them drift around, depending on things like RPM, IAT, etc. etc.... but not pedal position!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:25:20 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

TTQS
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2011, 01:34:32 AM »

rlmax_w caps output of KFMIRL:

rlmax_w comes from LDRXN, and KFMIRL comes from milsol, which is from mifal... which is driver spec torque

Agreed. This is also my understanding. So, to recap:

1. Part throttle torque output is regulated by KFMIRL as far as the driver is ultimately concerned.

2. LDRXN caps KFMIRL and thus will represent WOT response.

3. Adjust KFMIRL to achieve more/less aggressive part-throttle torque delivery. Alter KFMIOP too.

4. Adjust LDRXN to achieve more/less aggressive WOT torque delivery.

5. If you have adjusted KFMIRL, you must also adjust the complementary entries in KFMIOP in the opposite sense to avoid risking a torque intervention although the maps are not arithmetic inverses, just complementary as far as the torque model is concerned.

TTQS
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:27:34 AM by TTQS » Logged
Rick

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2011, 05:25:25 AM »

There is no need to change the table values in IOP, only the axis so that it corresponds to your higher requested load in IRL

IRL should be scaled over a few columns to maintain a near linear throttle response. I then use KFPED to fine tune this response

Regarding timing oscillations, have you tried logging with knock control completely disabled?

Rick
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2011, 11:22:44 AM »

Regarding timing oscillations, have you tried logging with knock control completely disabled?

I'm scared to do this on a WOT full boost run. What variables can I log that show knock corrections that aren't reflected in dwkrz*?

wkr*? wkrm*? zkrvf*?

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: