Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tra_swtTraPrtInCAN_C - Any other side effects?  (Read 1884 times)
ruan

« on: March 17, 2021, 05:11:36 AM »

On EDC17CP14 (and others I'm sure too) controllers, it appears it's reasonably common to disable non-fastpath, longterm torque interventions via CAN from the Transmission controller with this switch to prevent per-gear and other torque limitation by the transmission controller as there are limits applied via this. I'm not particularly knowledgeable with the Transmission software - my initial thoughts that people disabling this and selling tunes on DSG cars are pretty bold at best!

Are there any other side effects to having this disabled other than the obvious temperature & per-gear limitation by the Transmission controller - are there any other times there are interventions that obviously now don't work and are likely to cause ill effects or is this otherwise safe? Particularly in reference to DL501s, I can't believe it'd be preferable to decalibrate torque conversion on DSG boxes due to obvious side effects of this, but is this preferable? Obviously the best way is to remove the limit in the Trans controller, however seeing plenty of "tuners" getting around this, so I'm guessing they're either decalibrating, or switching Tra_SwtTraPrtInCAN_C.
prj

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 05:46:51 AM »

DSG enforces torque limit on fast path, so it will not work.

For 6HP it depends.
On RS6 it enforces via fast path. On Diesel EDC17 this switch works very well to disable the non-fastpath limit with the 6HP gearbox.

Decalibrating DSG means that the customer will very soon need a new clutch pack, and then another, and then a new mechatronic unit.
If you see a tuner offering tuning the engine without adjusting the transmission, and the transmission is a DSG variant, then RUN and never look back.
Only exception is e.g. 2.0 TFSI or 3.0 TFSI on a DL501, where the limit is high enough.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:48:34 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ruan

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 01:41:19 AM »

Worse than I expected then Smiley

Thanks for the explanation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: