Pages: [1]
Author Topic: using zeitronix wideband to influence fueling  (Read 3922 times)
giles92

« on: July 10, 2016, 06:54:46 PM »

Heres a far fetched idea:
So if we can feed a wideband signal back into the ecu for logging why cant we make the ecu act upon that information accordingly? Im not talking about a complete wideband hack to narrowband files (unless youve got that) but something simple we could convert one table to enrich based on where the AFR input currently is.
Say we took a KFFDLBTS or kflbts table.
Remove the RPM axis and use the wideband input as the axis. The table data could be written to enrich further based on a certain load and our current AFR.
Im not sure if taking that 0-5v input and turning that into afr in the ecu to put on that axis is even possible. Or would it be possible to use the egt sensor input and instead of having it input temp have it input lamda or afr. I know theres conversion factors for if you wanna use rs6 sensors so we could use that conversion to get us afr in the ecu as a calculated variable then change the axis numbers to be useful.
Well above what id be capable of alone but i just had a thought. Roll Eyes I wonder if anyone else has put in time trying to do a similar hack. Anyone think it can be done?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 07:13:08 PM »

without a proper PID it would most likely cause pretty huge oscillations in fueling.

Neat idea though.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nubcake

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 01:22:43 AM »

Anyone think it can be done?

It surely can be done. You'll have to filter and smooth the wideband output first though, since it usually jumps around pretty badly.
Frankly, at this point it's relatively easy to implement "ghetto hacks" like this. Problems would arise when something goes wrong (O2 sensor or controller malfunctions, wiring, etc). You have to plan ahead accordingly and think out the whole program logic in a way that won't kill your hardware rather fast. And this is what takes the most time.

I have thought of a similar hack to feed in a "real" MAP sensor into the "ps_w", instead of calculating it, but never got to actually writing the code because of issues noted above. Takes a lot of time to do it properly.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:25:59 AM by nubcake » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 02:53:33 AM »

Does your wideband simulate narrowband? Aem uego have a analog 0-1v simulated output from wideband. Steps are in .1v and feed the ecu a much more stable signal based off 0-5v then reduced to 0-1v. I've used a few times in the past with success.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: