Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Talking about ecu (read-open)protection, write signature, tag no read etc..  (Read 7437 times)
Khendal

Hello, i've started to do some little mod to my friends just to try a bit Cheesy ...and i'd like to know what is possible to use o write inside the ecu for protection and signature...or encrypted signature... i don't know ... Wink

Are there programs outside that do this work or just write by hand ? Cheesy

How do they work ?
Thanks  
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 03:55:12 AM by Khendal » Logged
_nameless

Cheesy

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Khendal

Cheesy

Hola Marty Wink

Really ... i don't need protection and other similar because i'm studying what i've found here and i'm not a professional tuning... but i'd like to apply something similar a signature... in vagcom and in hex ... i've seen in a ecu something to encrypt ... is it right? Exist something like this?
nubcake

Generally - if you have to ask questions like this, then highly likely your work is not worth protecting. If only to avoid embarrassment when someone reads it out. Don't take this as a personal insult. Smiley
If you want a signature to find out who built upon your file - slightly change some irrelevant (unused) map.
If you want to leave a message for whoever reads the tune out - use free area in the binary, you can leave a friggin poem there.
If you want to completely protect the binary from being read out - that's generally not possible with ME7.
There are complicated ways to make read (or interpretation of the readout) a bit harder, but I won't really go too deep here. Let's just say that it involves low-level assembly programming and/or hardware mods to the ECU. I'm not a big fan of the latter.

There is a simple mod that prevents OBD readout by some (not all) tools, and it might be good enough for your purposes: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1090.0
nyet
Administrator

Some friends you have if you don't trust them.

Anyway, it is generally pointless. Anybody can copy tunes if they are motivated enough.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Khendal

Thanks for your answer Cheesy

Other think... is possible to merge the ecu map to the VIN number ? To only work only in that car?

TijnCU

flying brick

I write the eeprom with a small signature next to the VIN. Not for protection, just for credits when someone connects vcds.

nubcake

Thanks for your answer Cheesy

Other think... is possible to merge the ecu map to the VIN number ? To only work only in that car?

Possible with custom assembly code.
But can be patched out by someone competent enough.
_nameless

Stop one read f0>ff  bootrom or "no read" tag. Sig with hex editor

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Khendal

Oh very interesting... could you give me some advice... or show me the way to learn how to do it ? Smiley
Khendal

I write the eeprom with a small signature next to the VIN. Not for protection, just for credits when someone connects vcds.

Something inside here ?

In shop# section ?
nubcake

Oh very interesting... could you give me some advice... or show me the way to learn how to do it ? Smiley

No easy way to do it.
Learn to disassemble ME7 with IDA, learn assembly language, find EEPROM access functions, find where VIN is stored, implement some check. Some of this has been documented on this site, but still will take you a lot of time.
Or get someone to do that for you ($$).  Grin
nyet
Administrator

There innumerable more interesting projects to work on than this.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Khendal

No easy way to do it.
Learn to disassemble ME7 with IDA, learn assembly language, find EEPROM access functions, find where VIN is stored, implement some check. Some of this has been documented on this site, but still will take you a lot of time.
Or get someone to do that for you ($$).  Grin

Time it's not a problem Smiley and i don't want someone that do this for me...i will not pay for this...in case i would pay someone to teach me how to do or guide me ... i need and want to learn ..not to have this done easily  Cool

For example you have told me where to focus step by step in macro points Smiley

Thanks 
nyet
Administrator

Again, there are a ton of more interesting things to do with patching ASM.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: