Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Allroad ME7.1.1 - Heater Circuit P Codes AFTER disabling in ESKONF and Codewords  (Read 1356 times)
cam25

Hi all, first post here, new to tuning in the Audi realm, but not new to tuning. Come from Subarus, Fords, and a little GM. Good to see a great resource for open source tuning of these cars

Recently pick up a bit of an incomplete project vehicle (2.7T BEL, SEP K04s, downpipes, SAI & EGTs deleted), working on a base tune to flash to the vehicle so I can start logging, getting fueling correct (especially with the missing EGT sensors), etc.

Peculiar thing, cannot for the life of me defeat the rear o2 diagnosis heater codes. I've changed ESKONF, didn't work, followed the Wiki, changed any additional codewords I could find that reference the post cat heater o2's, but still get a P0036 and P0056 DTC after flashing.

I've searched around for a bit and found a couple threads in which I've followed, and still no dice. Running a 551R base, attached.

Anything blatant that I missed on getting those codes disabled, or is it something that can't be removed via flash?

Thanks!
BlackT

Did you change both ESKONFs?
cam25

If there are 2 ESKONFs in the .bin, then definitely missed one. I was using this thread as reference, and ended up with the same location (10c86) for the ESKONF location, and copied the table at the end of the thread, as I have both deleted rear o2s and SAI.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3528.0

revoke20

If there are 2 ESKONFs in the .bin, then definitely missed one. I was using this thread as reference, and ended up with the same location (10c86) for the ESKONF location, and copied the table at the end of the thread, as I have both deleted rear o2s and SAI.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3528.0

there are exactly 2 esconf Smiley

me7 have two ESCONF
cam25

there are exactly 2 esconf Smiley

me7 have two ESCONF

I could only find 1 functioning ESKONF starting at 10c86 in my ME7.1.1 551R file. There is a second one that returns as a false positive at 25de1 using me7eskonf, but shows injectors and coils as disabled, as well as other clearly installed components. me7eskonf also didn't detect the 10c86 ESKONF, so maybe its getting caught up on some differences between ME7.1.1 and ME7.5

I searched through for a string to match the stock ESKONF bit string, and only found the 1 at 10c86. Maybe I totally missed something, but didn't see any identical repeats.

In the end, I was able to resolve the immediate DTC issue with additional codewords (not listed on the wiki) that I found. These disabled the P0036 and P0056 Heater Circuit diag codes. I believe the culprits were the following [set all to 0]:

CDTHSH
CDTHSH2
CDTHSHE
CDTHSHE2

Hopefully if someone comes across this in the future, it's helpful for them to tune their allroad! I know there's definitely a bit less BEL data out there than other 2.7Ts.

I will update this in the future if I end up having any pop up diagnosis codes, and what the fix is for that
prj

I could only find 1 functioning ESKONF starting at 10c86 in my ME7.1.1 551R file. There is a second one that returns as a false positive at 25de1 using me7eskonf, but shows injectors and coils as disabled, as well as other clearly installed components. me7eskonf also didn't detect the 10c86 ESKONF, so maybe its getting caught up on some differences between ME7.1.1 and ME7.5
The two ESKONFs are one after another.
10C86 and 10C93.
Are you blind? Smiley
I searched through for a string to match the stock ESKONF bit string, and only found the 1 at 10c86. Maybe I totally missed something, but didn't see any identical repeats.
You did, the one right after it.
In the end, I was able to resolve the immediate DTC issue with additional codewords (not listed on the wiki) that I found. These disabled the P0036 and P0056 Heater Circuit diag codes. I believe the culprits were the following [set all to 0]:

CDTHSH
CDTHSH2
CDTHSHE
CDTHSHE2

Hopefully if someone comes across this in the future, it's helpful for them to tune their allroad! I know there's definitely a bit less BEL data out there than other 2.7Ts.

I will update this in the future if I end up having any pop up diagnosis codes, and what the fix is for that

I hope nobody does this. It's the same as zeroing fault classes. Hiding the error from OBD but the ECU still detects it.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
cam25

The two ESKONFs are one after another.
10C86 and 10C93.
Are you blind? :)You did, the one right after it.
I hope nobody does this. It's the same as zeroing fault classes. Hiding the error from OBD but the ECU still detects it.

Apparently so, thanks for the direction. As I said, searched through the string, and apparently my hex editor didn't catch it in the "find next" since I copied across 2 lines. Was not expecting to catch it right afterwards.

Thanks for the info, like I said, I'm new to this ECU and its uses. Based on the wiki, it sounded like if ESKONF edits don't work, then codewords are the next thing to edit.
prj

Based on the wiki, it sounded like if ESKONF edits don't work, then codewords are the next thing to edit.
Except they can never "not work".
If it "does not work" then you are editing the wrong thing or in the wrong place.

Some ECU's are multivariant (like this one) and they change ESKONF based on coding. Based on your coding it is currently using the 2nd one, hence why "it did not work".

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: