Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
Author Topic: ME7 TUNER WIZARD  (Read 183688 times)
littco

« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2012, 04:07:13 PM »

This is normal isn't it? Here's my AUQ 1.8t original KFMIRL...

That kfmirl is from an audi TT 6018cb ecu.. Completely stock as the day it left Audi.

Maybe your calc won't work on these versions?
masterj

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2012, 10:53:01 PM »

That kfmirl is from an audi TT 6018cb ecu.. Completely stock as the day it left Audi.

Maybe your calc won't work on these versions?

my calc works, but it gives results from your kfmirl, so it will look a little bit weird... Please try my kfmirl adviser, then use kfmiop calculator and then finally ldrxn calculator. Because right now I think kfmirl is set too high. Do you have 1 or 2 turbos? Also please post your stock ldrxn.

With your current kfmirl setup you should boost up to 1.5 bar of boost. For one K03 turbo that would be way to much. But I suspect that LDRXN is limiting it, so please post it too

masterj

« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2012, 12:38:35 PM »

UPDATED!! KFMIOP calculator version now is 1.8, another KFMIOP calculator version now is 1.3.
New features:
* "Suggest OPTIMAL x-axis" button added. It will help you to change KFMIOP x-axis, so it wouldn't limit your torque if you're pushing more than ~1.2 bar of boost.

MmmBoost

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2012, 01:38:08 PM »

UPDATED!! KFMIOP calculator version now is 1.8, another KFMIOP calculator version now is 1.3.
New features:
* "Suggest OPTIMAL x-axis" button added. It will help you to change KFMIOP x-axis, so it wouldn't limit your torque if you're pushing more than ~1.2 bar of boost.

I tried out this wizard and it works great so far.....except for one thing.  After inputing my values for KFMIRL and KFMIOP (axes based on the Optimal suggested) I found that I was getting a surging issue at idle.  The revs would bounce up and down between 800 and 1000 at idle.  I have a feeling this is because of the reduced resolution around low load and idle RPMs that the "OPTIMAL" button seems to create.  I also had my revs shoot up on cold start and then they settled back down a few seconds after.

Other than those two issues......the car ran great.  I found it was MUCH easier to keep a constant part-throttle acceleration and I could also regulate boost with my foot at less than full boost.  Normally I could either keep boost at 5-8 PSI with the throttle.....or it would immediately jump to 25.  Now I can pretty much smoothly get anywhere in between if I'm careful enough on the pedal.

I forgot to mention this is on a 2005 Audi A4 1.8T w/ return fueling and GT2871R.

MasterJ could you give use a little insight on the algorithm for selecting the "optimal x-axis" values?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:50:54 PM by MmmBoost » Logged

~Chris
2005 Audi A4 1.8T S-Line Avant
Engine Build Documentary
masterj

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »

I tried out this wizard and it works great so far.....except for one thing.  After inputing my values for KFMIRL and KFMIOP (axes based on the Optimal suggested) I found that I was getting a surging issue at idle.  The revs would bounce up and down between 800 and 1000 at idle.  I have a feeling this is because of the reduced resolution around low load and idle RPMs that the "OPTIMAL" button seems to create.  I also had my revs shoot up on cold start and then they settled back down a few seconds after.

Other than those two issues......the car ran great.  I found it was MUCH easier to keep a constant part-throttle acceleration and I could also regulate boost with my foot at less than full boost.  Normally I could either keep boost at 5-8 PSI with the throttle.....or it would immediately jump to 25.  Now I can pretty much smoothly get anywhere in between if I'm careful enough on the pedal.

MasterJ could you give use a little insight on the algorithm for selecting the "optimal x-axis" values?

MmmBoost, did you use KFZWOP/2 converter (after generating new axis inf kfmiop)?

optimal x-axis values are selected based on biggest load difference between points.

MmmBoost

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2012, 01:52:29 PM »

No I didn't.  Think that could have been the cause of my issues?

I'm thinking it might be better for me to leave a little more resolution around idle/low load.

~Chris
Engine Build Documentary
masterj

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »

No I didn't.  Think that could have been the cause of my issues?

I'm thinking it might be better for me to leave a little more resolution around idle/low load.

YOU HAVE TO READJUST KFZWOP MAPS BECAUSE THEY SHARE SAME X AXIS AS KFMIOP. If you use optimal axis suggestion then popup tells you that you have to readjust KFZWOP maps. Write down your original kfmiop x-axis to notepad or somewhere and then use kfzwop converter

Also for your other problem (high rpm for a few seconds during cold start) I'd recommend you adjust properly these maps:
KFMIZUFIL, KFMIZUNS, KFMIZUOF, KFMI_UM, KFMDZOF_UM, KFMPED_UM, KFMPNS_UM
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:22:21 PM by masterj » Logged

MmmBoost

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »

YOU HAVE TO READJUST KFZWOP MAPS BECAUSE THEY SHARE SAME X AXIS AS KFMIOP. If you use optimal axis suggestion then popup tells you that you have to readjust KFZWOP maps. Write down your original kfmiop x-axis to notepad or somewhere and then use kfzwop converter

Also for your other problem (high rpm for a few seconds during cold start) I'd recommend you adjust properly these maps:
KFMIZUFIL, KFMIZUNS, KFMIZUOF, KFMI_UM, KFMDZOF_UM, KFMPED_UM, KFMPNS_UM

I will adjust KFMZIOP accordingly and see if that makes a difference.

I have never had a high-rev on startup until I loaded my new file last night with the adjustments from the calculators so it must be these two maps affecting things.

Also I am not using WinOLS......I am unfortunately tuning my car with Eurodyne Maestro.....so I only have the ability to change certain maps unless I specifically ask for other maps.

~Chris
Engine Build Documentary
masterj

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2012, 03:09:45 PM »

I will adjust KFMZIOP accordingly and see if that makes a difference.

I have never had a high-rev on startup until I loaded my new file last night with the adjustments from the calculators so it must be these two maps affecting things.

Also I am not using WinOLS......I am unfortunately tuning my car with Eurodyne Maestro.....so I only have the ability to change certain maps unless I specifically ask for other maps.

The maps that I said earlier needs to be updated every time you change either pedal response or kfmiop or kfmirl... These maps are other limiters for torque. If you change only kfmirl and kfmiop you'll have some difference between optimal torque maps and get this high rev at start. Shouldn't be a biggie though

MmmBoost

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »

Thank you for the explanation.

What do you think about keeping the first few columns of KFMIOP the same  as stock to try and help prevent this?  (since I don't have access to any torque control maps)

I do have access to 3 Pedal maps......but that's about it

~Chris
Engine Build Documentary
masterj

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2012, 03:42:19 PM »

Thank you for the explanation.

What do you think about keeping the first few columns of KFMIOP the same  as stock to try and help prevent this?  (since I don't have access to any torque control maps)

I do have access to 3 Pedal maps......but that's about it

First use kfzwop converter. This should fix your jumping idle (800-1000). This happens because you changed x-axis and the timing now is crazy in kfzwop maps... Wink

masterj

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2012, 04:49:30 PM »

UPDATED!! NEW KRKTE calculator 1.0! It should help you calculate starting point for KRKTE on Gas and E85.

MmmBoost

« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2012, 09:02:53 PM »

Alright I made the necessary changes to the KFMIOP tables and the high-revs on startup have gone away and idle is fairly smooth.

the one thing that I still don't like though is load seems to be quite high at idle which means my timing is very low.  Normally I'm around 18-19% load and about 6-8° of advance.  On the way home I was at 24% and hovering right around TDC.

~Chris
Engine Build Documentary
masterj

« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2012, 10:19:40 PM »

Alright I made the necessary changes to the KFMIOP tables and the high-revs on startup have gone away and idle is fairly smooth.

the one thing that I still don't like though is load seems to be quite high at idle which means my timing is very low.  Normally I'm around 18-19% load and about 6-8° of advance.  On the way home I was at 24% and hovering right around TDC.

Try to fiddle with kfzw/2 maps at idle area...

MmmBoost

« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2012, 12:24:01 AM »

question:

Should my maximum value in KFZW1/2 be the same as the max value in KFZWOP/KFMIOP?  or does it not really matter?

~Chris
Engine Build Documentary
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: