Pages: [1]
Author Topic: flashing h-box to m-box  (Read 5013 times)
rory2523

« on: March 21, 2011, 03:44:46 PM »

Hi, I'm attempting to flash a stock m-box bin to a stock h-box ecu. nefmoto's flasher is giving me an error and telling me I have to erase the flash memory to flash the file. will this brick my ecu? sorry if this is a completely stupid noob question, but i've got to get this car to pass emissions, and I just piggied my exhaust, and the cel's are keeping me frm getting a tag. Thanks for your help.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 06:38:19 PM »

Please verify that you don't have a socketed chip or something like that.

If you are having good success with the NefMoto flasher, then I would say erase the entire flash. If the programming fails after erasing the entire flash, just don't disconnect the ECU from power. If you disconnect the ECU from power with a failed flash where you have erased the entire flash, then the ECU will no longer boot.

The ECU backups up data between memory sectors when it erases certain sectors. When it does this backup, if the data it is backing up doesn't match the new data, then it fails to erase the sector. The only way to overwrite this backed up data is to erase the entire flash chip at once.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 02:18:05 AM »

Hi, I'm attempting to flash a stock m-box bin to a stock h-box ecu. nefmoto's flasher is giving me an error and telling me I have to erase the flash memory to flash the file. will this brick my ecu? sorry if this is a completely stupid noob question, but i've got to get this car to pass emissions, and I just piggied my exhaust, and the cel's are keeping me frm getting a tag. Thanks for your help.

Make sure you read the ECU first so you have the original backed up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: