Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Baseline- 1.8t, gt2860rs, 83mm pistons  (Read 12490 times)
golfputtputt

« on: December 25, 2017, 07:34:11 PM »

So my 1.8t is now a 1.9t with 83mm pistons. Pistons I bought were 9.6:1 compression supertech pistons. Turbo is a gt2860rs.
OEM all sensors, same locations, oem injectors for now. No doubt lots will need to be tuned to make sure things run correctly.
Currently I'm getting a 17705/P1297/004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!) code. Gonna check for leaks tomorrow.
This is the first set of data I gathered.
It appears the idle rpm is hunting, unsure why.
Lambda regulation for o2 sensor before catalyst is seeing highs of 19%, not sure if that could be potentially because of the leak. AFR during idle and PT seems stable though which is good.
After break in, I'll limit boost and get some WOT data.

Does anyone see what needs to be done to stabilize things?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »

Does anyone see what needs to be done to stabilize things?

What maps did you change already to fix displacement difference?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 07:38:54 PM »

none yet, that data was the maiden voyage.
I have not calculated intake volume yet, how precise does that need to be? The only way I can think to do that simply is remove intake manifold, Close throttle body and fill intake with water, then remove and measure. Is there a better way?....perhaps a way without taking the intake off?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 07:44:24 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 09:16:26 PM »

also: "Vs is intake volume from throttle plate to intake valve." Vs is in liters?
golfputtputt

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 07:14:53 AM »

No, Vs cant be in liters.
In my HS file KISRM is .119100. Solving for Vs in the equation posted on the wiki yields 53.8337531.

Intake volune from valve to throttle plate is definitely not 53.8337531. Does anyone know the unit of measurement?
golfputtputt

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 08:21:09 AM »

The goal here is to find the volume of the OEM intake manifold, find the units of Vs, subtract the found value from the manifold from Vs, this will yield the intake runner volume of all 4 cylinders. Then find the volume of my new intake manifold, add the runner volume and plug it into the variable Vs in the equation on the wiki.

also, looking through a translated version of the FR for BGSRM, they determine the equation to be KISRM = zkorr/[(Vs/VH) x z] which places priority for solving Vs/VH before multiplying by z, on the wiki, your equation has it as Vs/VH x z which would prioritize multiplying VH x z before dividing it by Vs.

Let me redo the equation with this new order of operations.
golfputtputt

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 08:52:33 AM »

yea you must prioritize (Vs/VH) before multiplying by z.
for me, it yielded 3.36460957 which makes sense in liters now.

Translated FR:
"Vs is the intake volume from throttle plate through to the inlet valves, typically 1.5 to 3.0 x VH"

3.36460957 falls within this range. Good
golfputtputt

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 09:28:31 AM »

ok so an oddity,

I have a welded larger intake manifold (which i will take an actual measurement of the volume of later)

so my OEM Vs is 3.364, I guesstimated the new one to be around 3.75.
My OEM displacement is 1.781 liters, my new displacement is 1.870 liters

my OEM KISRM is .1191

plugged both into the equation to calculate my new KISRM and got .1122. Not that far off. Perhaps when I measure the actual volume of my new intake manifold and recalculate I may get something a bit different but as per how the equation operates, if engine displacement goes up, KISRM goes up, if intake volume goes up, KISRM goes down.

also this:

Also, MLMAX should be increased by the factor you have increased the engine capacity by.

Rick

What is this factor?
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 10:04:15 AM »

1870 % 1781
golfputtputt

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 10:09:12 AM »

gracias
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 10:53:15 AM »

You should not really need to make big changes. Any drastically strange behavior you see is likely not displacement (or even intake size) related.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 01:52:21 PM »

Logged after tuning KISRM, KUMSRL and MLMAX. Rpm is still hunting, sometimes it sputters a bit at idle.

lambda regulation before catalyst is still above 10% occasionally, it's fluctuating alot (viewed in VCDS).

I'm also still getting a 17705/P1297/004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!) code. Sprayed all silicone couplers and hose joints with brake cleaner to no effect. Did not spray compressor of turbo with brake cleaner yet but I doubt that's it. I also have 21" hg vacuum at the gauge at all times which doesn't really reflect an air leak. Is there a better way to hunt these leaks down or could it be something in the software?

Any ideas on how to fix these 3 issues? maps inside the "Idle LTFT and idle misfires" of the wiki?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 01:58:35 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 03:56:50 PM »

Likely mone of that is tune related, IMO

ECUx Plot

golfputtputt

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2017, 06:00:41 PM »

Anyone have any ideas?

Its block 033 lambda regulation sensor before catalyst thats outside of range + or - 19% swinging. What does this block record? I dont believe this is stft is it? What does vcds mean by lambda “regulation?”

Aside from retorquing exhaust bolts and ensuring there are no exhaust leaks before lambda o2 #1, im out of options pretty much, blasted every intake joint with brake clean, tightened up all clamps, kinda stumped if its a hardware issue.

Could these symptoms be a stuck hydro lifter? Not quite perfectly sealing valve? Something else internal?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:12:38 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 06:20:08 AM »

Compression test and leak down test would help you figure out if you have a cylinder low on comp.
Youre using stock maf sensor and stock sensor housing? Also using stock injectors? Using brake clean to check for vacuum leaks anyplace besides tje intake manifold is not going to do anything. The high vacuum is on the back side of the throttle valve. You need to pressure check the charge pipe

Used compressed air and set a regulator at 20psi and feel around with leaks soap and water gelp to fimd leaks

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: