on: Today at 08:03:04 AM 
Started by rotoutxi - Last post by rotoutxi
1EA4E
8x16
factor 0.005000

Thank you very much, I just found it!!!

on: Today at 07:50:43 AM 
Started by Moraga_C5_A6 - Last post by _nameless
You really shouldn't post other peoples files on the forum, its not allowed and its not cool at all. You are posting up someone else's work.

on: Today at 07:39:52 AM 
Started by rotoutxi - Last post by _nameless
1EA4E
8x16
factor 0.005000

on: Today at 07:34:52 AM 
Started by rotoutxi - Last post by rotoutxi
Hello, I can't find KFLDIMX, could you help me locate it at 06A906032QN 0020? thank you

on: Today at 07:34:46 AM 
Started by Kacpern - Last post by _nameless
Winols sees other (small) maps in the addresses you provide.
Winols is not actually finding maps for you, they are patterns that could potentially be a map but the majority of the time it is wrong, and whatever it finds is useless most of the time anyway. What Gremlin posted is 100% correct.

on: Today at 06:56:05 AM 
Started by fredrik_a - Last post by dikidera
prj is most correct, and the 5 years time span is likely correct too. It took me a year to get to where I am now, which is still not where I wanted to be by this time, and even then, I had DHA and variable names to massively speed things up in IDA. And even then I was no stranger to reverse engineering, having done it years prior on the precursors to Denuvo. Additionally I had to start looking at the problems not from a programmer perspective but fundamental engine theory.

However rather than focusing on a specific problem I focused on all of them, so I did RE on many aspects rather than say just fueling or whatever. This may not be proper but I also did it for fun, with no financial gain in mind.

The blown engine can also happen with a NA engine, not just turbo.

on: Today at 05:52:12 AM 
Started by Milka - Last post by amd is the best
Super old thread but did this tool ever release?

on: Today at 04:27:16 AM 
Started by Kacpern - Last post by Kacpern
Winols sees other (small) maps in the addresses you provide.

on: Today at 03:47:40 AM 
Started by fredrik_a - Last post by keichi
A Bin file extracted from my current vida install doesn't really get me anywhere without prior knowledge of how this all works.  Since I've posted I have gotten the following:

- prj promoting his logging software in the form of "credits" with a x credit minimum purchase.
- prometey with a bin file for an essentially different car which I appreciate but it basically serves me no good with no prior knowledge of how any of this works.
- and you, athlon for giving me the link to a GitHub in order to extract a bin file from my current install of vida.  Then what?

All of this for a simple xml file in order to load it into the open source OpenMoose program so I can see what's going on with my car from a hobbyist perspective.  Does anyone even use this or is this entire thread full of people who have already worked out what's needed and have kept it in the "inner circle"Huh 

Most was said by PRJ but i would just add that even if you get full XML for free and full MAPs definitions for free there is still big chance that you end up with poor running car or maybe even with blown engine (but this is more probable with bigger turbo and more mechanical modification). Its not that easy as most people who begin their adventure with ECU tuning think Smiley But its not "impossible" to do this, you just need a lot of time into this to get decent knowledge. And i am talking only about doing tune on the BIN assuming you already have full logging and full maps defs "for free" Smiley So all depends on your attitude. If you just want to have your car tuned - better pay someone to do it. If you want to learn something because you have a lot of free time - then its quite different story -  ME7 is the best ECU to start with.  But forget about doing decent tune on your own car unless you spend like half a year 6-8 hours a day learning Smiley

on: Yesterday at 11:58:43 PM 
Started by fredrik_a - Last post by prj
All of this for a simple xml file

Making this XML file requires sitting in IDA for hours and manually searching for addresses, this is assuming you know RE.
People who know RE to this level usually get paid over 100$ per hour. A comprehensive XML that has a lot of addresses (not just a few) would cost anywhere between 300$ to 1000$ to make.
This is assuming the person making it has a similar a2l file.

I developed technology to automate this process, that still requires having at least a similar A2L file though, which again is really not easy to get for Volvo.

So yes, you can pay 100$ for credits for my software and log your car for all of eternity. Minimum purchase is 50$ btw, because that's also the price of the cheapest service, but advanced protocol without prior sub costs 100$.
Or you can continue complaining here and hope that somebody is gonna spend hours to make you the "simple xml file". Probably not going to happen.
This is a DIY forum not a "tune my car for free" forum. So if you need an xml file for your software, start learning RE, then make the xml file and post it here Smiley Come back in 5 years when you have accomplished said task. Or pay for a shortcut.

I am guessing you don't work for free, so where does the entitlement come from that you expect other people to?
What do you bring to the table that would motivate someone to use their time to help you?

A Bin file extracted from my current vida install doesn't really get me anywhere without prior knowledge of how this all works.
Nobody said anything about a bin file, that link has software to extract the locations of loggable identifiers from VIDA (those do not help you with a XML though because they are not ram addresses) and on ME7 there is a lot of important stuff missing for tuning.

There seems to be a pattern here. Embracing ignorance and making a ton of (false) assumptions. Not going to get very far with that attitude on here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10