Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ME7.5 coding after conversion from fwd to awd  (Read 7854 times)
nupustas

« on: March 02, 2019, 07:06:35 AM »

Hi, i made 2006y 1,8t sharan 4wd from fwd. All parts came from sharan 2005y 2,8 4motion(haldex, esp module, yaw rate sensor). All wheel spinning now, in this case everything ok, but ABS/ESP doesnt work and indicates it in dashboard.ABS/ESP modules connectors identical, pinouts matches. After steering angle sensor adaptation, i have only one fault in ABS module: 01044-control module incorect coded. Sharan' abs module cannot be coded:there is only 2 coding:one for fwd, another for 4wd. I tried to change it, but it's imposible. Next, trying to change ECU coding via vcds was unsuccessful, skc code correct, but when i write new coding, nothing happens. 1,8T(me7.5) ecu has 00002 coding, 2,8(me7.1) ecu has 00132 coding. I found information:
 C01,0000?xx:
Powertrain
C02,0 = Front-Wheel-Drive (FWD)
C03,1 = All-Wheel-Drive (AWD)
C04,0000x?x:
CAN-Databus
 C05,+1 = Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
 C06,+2 = Airbags
 C07,+4 = Climate Control (Climatronic)
C08,0000xx?:
Transmission
C09,2 = 6-Speed Manual Transmission
C10,7 = 7-Speed Direct-Shift-Gearbox (DSG/0AM)

I think my new coding should be 00112 or 00102. With 409,1kkl blue cable and me7_95040.exe eeprom tool read eeprom from my(1,8t) ecu, manually changed coding meaning in 7A,7B and 8A,8B fields(converted dec to hex), corrected cheksum and wrote back eeprom to ecu. Writing was successful(in boot mode), but soft coding doesnt changed - vcds in ecu info field show soft coding 00002, abs module has fault(incorrect coding). Decided to read eeprom again and check what is going on. Afte reading i get corrected eeprom(ir means writing was really sucessful).  Next, i took all eeprom from 2,8 ME7.1 ecu and wrote to my ME7.5 ecu, but problem still here - vcds shows 00002 coding. So, how to change coding in ME7.5 ECU? P.S. Sorry for mistakes, english is'n my native language
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 07:13:34 AM by nupustas » Logged
nupustas

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 03:47:39 AM »

I think now will be easier understand that im talking about. ECU is on table, vcds shows 00002 coding, but eeprom taken from 2,8 engine with 00132 coding
dilly

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 09:17:40 PM »

so you have a me7.1 ecu with a me7.5 eeprom?
nupustas

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 09:48:46 PM »

so you have a me7.1 ecu with a me7.5 eeprom?
No, i have ME7,5 ecu with ME7.1 eeprom. Writing full eeprom was last step, before that i tried change only coding in eeprom, but nothing has changed.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:55:35 PM by nupustas » Logged
dilly

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 10:05:00 PM »

can you post your files.
your original
and any other revisions you have made. please label them too so it is easy to organize
nupustas

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 08:33:04 AM »

My eeprom files was left on another pc, so i cant post it now, maybe after a few days. Yesterday i tried to write eeprom to ME7.1 ecu, soft coding was successful, vcds indicated new soft code. I think with files everything should be ok. Maybe ME7.5 ant ME7.1 has different soft code location in eeprom? Besides, i found interesting information about ME7 ecu(2,7 BEL engine):

Just to update this...the problem is the stock 4Z7907551AA flash. It is very problematic to work with. Simply reading the flash over OBDII gives a programming related DTC (many threads on Nefmoto about this). I flashed the ecu with a 4Z7907551R file via boot mode and was then able to change the soft coding via VCDS without issue.

I have 2 ideas:
1. ecu flash memory prohibits overwriting soft code.
2. Soft code stores in flash memory.
Does enyone have more information about that?
dilly

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 10:34:34 AM »

My eeprom files was left on another pc, so i cant post it now, maybe after a few days. Yesterday i tried to write eeprom to ME7.1 ecu, soft coding was successful, vcds indicated new soft code. I think with files everything should be ok. Maybe ME7.5 ant ME7.1 has different soft code location in eeprom? Besides, i found interesting information about ME7 ecu(2,7 BEL engine):

I have 2 ideas:
1. ecu flash memory prohibits overwriting soft code.
2. Soft code stores in flash memory.
Does enyone have more information about that?
i am assuming by you blocking off your vin in the post above you don't want to post your file for some reason.
trying to help here. if someone has access to the pc you left the files on have them email them.
i would like to help you out
if you solved your issue.. post what you did maybe it will help someone else
nupustas

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 12:45:05 PM »

Of course it is not a good idea to publish your VIN and SKC. This is my daily car, and the modification is illegal for insurance. But there is no problem here, I have another ECU from the car scraper, with an identical code 06A906032QK, my car is running on it(dont pay attention to immo problem). But changing the coding also fails in it. I can publish this ECU files, the problem is the same with coding.
While I was looking for a solution, I tried to change these parts from 4motion: immo box(yes, it's separate box from dashboard), dashboard, steering angle sensor. as I mentioned earlier, yaw rate sensor, 4motion esp module. Sharan doesnt have something like "comfort module", simple gateway module is in the dashboard ant thats all. All modules communacating via can bus.
If I find a solution, I'll publish it here.
If someone interesting, rear axle with reducer(haldex), cardan shaft fits "bolt on) - no welding, without improvisations. Fuel tank also no need to change. Main problem was different 1,8T and 2,8 gearboxes mounting positions. I took 2,8 gearbox and replace flange from 1,8t. Also changed all bearings in gearbox. Angle reducer fits "bolt on" to 1,8T gearbox flange, but i have to make new holder from angle reducer to engine block. Front drive shafts fits perfect from FWD. Most of the welding work was with exhaust system. Problem with coding appears to be the biggest problem of this project
dilly

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 07:15:16 PM »

maybe someone can chime in here but i am not sure if you can code a non awd ecu to awd
did they make AWD 1.8t sharans?
if they did use that ecu
if not possibly use an audi tt 1.8t quattro ecu.

it doesn't matter if you post your vin or skc.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:32:40 PM by dirtnasty » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 07:29:57 PM »

just to start out im lazy and didnt read the posts. normally the flash will recode the eeprom for its accepted coding some exceptions. auto to manual sometimes need to be changed manually otherwise a code for eeprom error will be stored. also cross flashing wrong variant eeprom will get errors too (b chassis to a chassis as example) if your ecu doesnt  have awd coding find a software version that does or dont even worry about it considering haldex uses signals from abs and really has nothing to do with the ecu before mk5 at least in my experience here in the states.   

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
dilly

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 09:59:48 PM »

just to start out im lazy and didnt read the posts. normally the flash will recode the eeprom for its accepted coding some exceptions. auto to manual sometimes need to be changed manually otherwise a code for eeprom error will be stored. also cross flashing wrong variant eeprom will get errors too (b chassis to a chassis as example) if your ecu doesnt  have awd coding find a software version that does or dont even worry about it considering haldex uses signals from abs and really has nothing to do with the ecu before mk5 at least in my experience here in the states.   

so in this case she he change the abs module and call it a day?
nupustas

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 10:19:33 PM »

Thanks for help. Haldex works perfect, i dont have problem with it. Haldex also works with fwd abs/esp module, but then rear wheels slips(for example, on icy road), fwd abs module indicate it as rear abs sensor mechanical malfunction.Until rear wheel slips, there is no faults. Acording to that i replaced abs/esp module and then i got error with coding, 3 warning ligts in dashboard, abs, esp doesn't work now. There is no factory-made 1,8t 4motion sharan, so finding "right" flash is mission impossible. I've rewied a lot of vw/audi/seat with 1,8t engine wiring diagrams and didn't found nothing identical - different sensors, different pinouts, different turbo control. Is it possible to correct coding in flash memory? Golf's abs/esp modules could be coded by equipment, sharan's modules doesn't have this opportunity, so i need to replace coding in ecu
prj

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 04:29:35 AM »

Your problem is not what coding is shown in VCDS, that has nothing to do with it.
Even if you hack the variant coding table and change it, you will still have the same error in the ABS.

There is a cross check that correct modules are installed on correct cars.
If it's only ECU/ABS then it's not too difficult to solve.

Look at FR CAN comms.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nupustas

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 09:28:22 AM »

Your problem is not what coding is shown in VCDS, that has nothing to do with it.
Even if you hack the variant coding table and change it, you will still have the same error in the ABS.

There is a cross check that correct modules are installed on correct cars.
If it's only ECU/ABS then it's not too difficult to solve.

Look at FR CAN comms.
Thanks, very helpful information.No faults about coding in other modules, only in abs/esp, it should be true about cros check. Can you tell me a little more about "FR CAN", I didn't understand what you're talking about
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 09:38:00 AM »

FR = funktionsrahmen

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: