Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7.1.1 Overrun question  (Read 2550 times)
jrod321xx

« on: October 08, 2021, 01:39:34 PM »

Hello I have been reading through all of the documentation I could find about overrun crackles and flames. I have read the whole forum, three times, on here about overrun for the ME7 but I cant seem to find an answer to my question. Is there a setting where I could get a sustained overrun type flame without harsh pops and bangs on Deceleration? Down below are the current settings found on my .fls file It does work but It is very harsh so I have put in the stock ecu for the time being. I also commented down below what I have learned so far. Any help or extra information Is appreciated Thank you!

I have 2.5l 08 rabbit it does shoot flames currently(THESE VALUES ARE NOT MINE) it also has a awe catback and catless downpipe

CWSAWE : 1 - inverts the clutch logic for overrun
3500 first two rows
KFZWMN: -36 -  this is for pops between shifts(I have changed this to be less harsh)
KFZWOP: -36 - kfzw follows this for the ignition angle so both were changed from what I can see
KFZW/KFZW2: match KFZWOP in changed areas
KFTVSA: duration 2.55  // to disable the overrun fuel cut
KFTVSAKAT: not touched - On my ecu this is based on the cat temp and the s4 wiki said do not touch this bad way to do overrun
Norwegian1.8T

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 03:12:06 PM »

What you want isnt really doable on the ME7, the problem is that on overrun the fuel mixture is quite rich. Thats why we get these loud pops and bangs when the fuel comes far enough downstream to mix with oxygen that it ignites. Now, i've looked everywhere for what controlls the overrun fuel mixture one the ME7 but i cant fot the life of me find it in the FR or on any forums  Angry Minimal injection time dosent seem to do anything btw  Undecided
jrod321xx

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 03:25:41 PM »

OK thank you very much! Do you think that the -36 is quite drastic ?
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 04:57:23 PM »

Never change KFZW for this

Try something like

KFZWMN : -10 to -30
KFZWOP: something like 0-20
KFTVSA: 2.55
CWSAWE: not needed on most ecu's i think but maybe on yours

Also, i think flames are easily possible by playing with KFLBTS I've just never tried it.
jrod321xx

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 10:50:24 AM »

OK Thank you I will fix the values!
denniss112

Audi TT 99' | 180+HP FWD

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 02:29:38 PM »

What you want isnt really doable on the ME7, the problem is that on overrun the fuel mixture is quite rich. Thats why we get these loud pops and bangs when the fuel comes far enough downstream to mix with oxygen that it ignites. Now, i've looked everywhere for what controlls the overrun fuel mixture one the ME7 but i cant fot the life of me find it in the FR or on any forums  Angry Minimal injection time dosent seem to do anything btw  Undecided

does the ME7.5 do the same thing? I've tried around 15 different values, and I only seem to get a loud pop, overrun doesnt always work, but real burble/crackle never happens.

unless I change KFZW.. but that makes the car terrible to drive.. cant even turn on cruise control without it shocking everytime.. the burbles do sound realy good at that point tho
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 02:31:29 PM by denniss112 » Logged
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 06:08:34 PM »

You can make them burble/crackle easily manipulating just KFZWMN/KFZWOP. A decat along with an aftermarket exhaust is a requirement though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: