Pages: [1]
Author Topic: K1: Short to ground, but reinserting "control unit in dash" fuses fixed it?  (Read 1711 times)
sidicer

Hello.

I "technically" don't have an issue anymore, but I would really like to understand what might have happened and what to do differently.

I have two maps, which have been written to my ME7.5 couple of times already. Yesterday I flashed my ECU with NefMotoECUFlasher to one of the maps like I always would:
Code:
ME7 29F800BB Memory Layout
Diff Write Flash
Verify Write
EDIT: I just remembered that just after the flash I was able to connect with VCDS and I tried doing the Throttle Plate Calibration (060 block) - but it failed all of the time with "1 Error". I then disconnected my cable, plugged it back in..
..and afterwards I was unable to connect to my car anymore. VCDS would not connect to any of the modules, NefMotoECUFlasher would not connect, CH340 with ME7Logger as well.. But all the time the connection was trying to be established I could hear "clicking" inside the dash.

Today I did more troubleshooting and while testing VCDS cable I got the dreaded "K1: Short to ground" with the ignition on. Probing Pin#4 and Pin#7 inside the OBDII port it read ~0.3v

I was ready to pull the dash and disconnect it, but before that I thought I would do that "indirectly" by removing Fuses 22&23 (Control Unit in Dash). After removing both of them - I did not get a short to ground error and I was able to connect to my ECU with VCDS without any issues.
I then simply reinserted both fuses back and I was still able to connect and did not seem to face any more issues.

What and why this happened? What might happen later on? Is this a beginning of a bigger issue or just unlucky fuck up within the dash which got solved easily but is rare?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 07:38:14 AM by sidicer » Logged

https://github.com/sidicer | A3 8L 1.8T 180HP Quattro
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: