Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Glow plug controller in EDC15  (Read 6445 times)
NMS

« on: January 14, 2015, 01:00:54 AM »

I've got a '00 038906012BD that has been flashed with a 038906012GN(03 tdi) file.

The reasoning is a bit convoluted, however I still need to find a way to make this work.

I have an issue with only one code, 17068, Glow plug module range performance. Now the module really is different between the two cars, including one of the glow plug pins going elsewhere on the ECU.

I basically need to port over the instruction set from the BD file, over to the GN as I'd like to keep everything as stock as possible. I myself don't have enough experience with assembler to figure this out, and I was hoping if you guys can help me out.

I am willing to pay as well, however I would like to keep the solution public after paying for the next person with this issue.

Stock files are attached
prj

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:33:26 PM »

Not worth the time I am afraid, sorry.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
NMS

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 08:37:01 PM »

How much would you like? This is for my personal car, so I really don't mind paying as much as you like.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 09:08:03 PM »

Can I ask why you don't either:

A. Get the correct ecu
B. Use the correct file

?

Not being snarky, genuinely curious.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
NMS

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 11:49:11 AM »

Can I ask why you don't either:

A. Get the correct ecu
B. Use the correct file

?

Not being snarky, genuinely curious.

The ECU is the correct one for the car to start with (BD). The file I've decided to work with is from a slightly newer model which has a few more maps for SOI, and actually has  a switch for MAP/MAF, as opposed to the original one.

Imo it's easier to start with this file than update the old one. Same idea behind starting with the RS4 base map for stage 3 than continuing on with the S4 maps.

ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 11:51:31 AM »

It sounds to me like you're trading manageable issues for insurmountable (at least with your current skillset) ones.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
NMS

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 12:05:49 PM »

It sounds to me like you're trading manageable issues for insurmountable (at least with your current skillset) ones.
Sounds about bang on!

I can quite easily just swap and wire in a newer glow plug module, but I am a lazy asshole. Go figure.
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 12:30:25 PM »

I do the same thing. No judgement here.

lol

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Gonzo

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 10:46:45 AM »

The ECU is the correct one for the car to start with (BD). The file I've decided to work with is from a slightly newer model which has a few more maps for SOI, and actually has  a switch for MAP/MAF, as opposed to the original one.

Imo it's easier to start with this file than update the old one. Same idea behind starting with the RS4 base map for stage 3 than continuing on with the S4 maps.

BD has the switch for MAP/MAF as well. You just need to find it
NMS

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 01:06:57 AM »

It does, but the MAP map is nice and empty. It is possible to port it over from the GN, but again, I prefered to start off from a better base file. That and I've already finished the GN file. I'll post it here once its been tested properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: