Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Basic ME7 Tuning How To  (Read 154227 times)
TTQS
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 01:02:09 AM »

Understanding ECU Remapping The Audi TT 1.8T Variants - Bosch Motronic ME7.x (Rev 1).pdf (18th September 2011, 1.06 Mb) now available. Word document format discontinued after feedback from nyet. See this post:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,62.msg3330.html#msg3330

Translated funktionsrahmen modules
Any funktionsrahmen modules I have translated manually are on the Nefmoto wiki and on this stickied thread:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,555.0title,.html

TTQS
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:34:01 AM by TTQS » Logged
Giannis

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 04:57:43 AM »

awesome thank you very much for sharing it with us. The first one was great can't wait to read the new one. Cheesy
TTQS
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 05:13:07 AM »

Thanks Giannis. Much appreciated.

Hopefully, the changes are relatively subtle, just corrections, clarifications and bolstering some of the technical content. Like nyet, I'm paranoid about promulgating half-truths or opinions as hard fact.

I suppose if there were major issues, somebody would have shouted by now...

TTQS
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:44:41 AM by TTQS » Logged
rayce

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2011, 10:11:34 PM »

TTQS

This is exceptional work and from someone who has been tuning since the early 90's hats off to what appears to be a lot of research and hard work. I did see a few things I would think are a bit different from my point of view but I will refrain because the overall picture is well done.

BTW, since I switched careers I work in the business of steam and here in the US, SIL studies are performed which is what I assume is similar to your background. he he... Just red to run, not green.....

04 TT 225BEA Quattro
68 T1 VW Street Rail 2.5 Turbo 18psi 1300lbs
TTQS
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2011, 11:28:33 PM »

Thanks rayce.

I presume you've been on the TT Forum and seen that I'm an Operations Engineer in the nuclear power sector? ;-)

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=196923

Regards.

TTQS
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:44:51 AM by TTQS » Logged
Giannis

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2011, 02:13:52 AM »

May i add something to the post? The map KFLF is not lambda at partial load but it works as a correction map added to the overal injection time. And it works opposite than lamfa.(kflf>1 add fuel, kflf<1 less fuel).
vtraudt

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2011, 06:45:58 AM »

This is the place holder for the start of the basic ME7 Tuning How To.
So far some things I plan to cover are...

1. How to adjust boost.
2. How to adjust rev limit.
3. How to adjust for larger injectors or higher base fuel pressure.
4. How to adjust WOT fueling.
5. How to adjust part-throttle fueling.
6. How to make timing adjustments.
7. How to eliminate all emissions tests, but still pass OBDII tests.

Which of the items 1. to 7. are by now covered?
If covered, where can info be found (link)?

2002 Allroad 2.7T 6spd stage 2
1998 A4 1.8T 5spd stage 3
1996 A4 2.8 auto stock
rayce

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2011, 08:00:00 AM »

Thanks rayce.

I presume you've been on the TT Forum and seen that I'm an Operations Engineer in the nuclear power sector? ;-)

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=196923

Regards.

Doug

Actually I read this entire post and you referred to your job in regard to your experience with writing technical articles which is far from my capabilities. Dyslexia robs me of the ability to get my point across in an easy to understand manner.

By background is Mechanic, Pro Sport Bike Tuner/Racer (1 National Win and tons of top ten finishes), Drag Race Junkie w old school Type 1 air cooled VW 550HP, now I am a Controls Engineer for Industrial Boilers.
(Closest to nuclear for us is aircraft carrier for Northrop Grumman, and Midland Cogeneration, Midland MI).

I hold a lot of certifications with computers and proceeded to move in to a better job when my airline career took a hit from Sept 11.

vtraudt,

Sorry,
We are getting off topic but pardon the pun stay tuned. I’d be glad to give my .02 about performance theory, porting, tuning and what the engine really needs to prevent damage and add horsepower.

FWIW
Since my mind goes all over the place, I wanted to comment that I am really suspicious that these chips are not programmed by the same manner that we are tuning. I really think that the software is a derivative of Siemens Step7 software and it is most likely written in function block. This would explain so many different comparisons and would make sense. How can a company keep track of so many different programs and for that matter follow the code if a change needs to be made.

Okay
The coffee is kicking in…I better go work on my car.

04 TT 225BEA Quattro
TTQS
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »

I have made some slight changes in response to Giannis point about KFLF:

"Although professional tuners do appear to adjust KFLF, it is part of the basic fuel injection module ESGRU 23.30 Grundeinspritzungen. This states that the map KFLF should not be used for mixture intervention because the map KFPU (which compensates for MAF sensor pulsations and signal interruptions) aligns the relative cylinder charge (rl) for the engine’s requirements. The S4 wiki notes that these tables are not very useful for fine tuning high load fuelling."

It seems reasonably clear when you look at the flow diagram in ESGRU 23.30 what KFLF is for. Teillast does translate as part load, but it's a basic map for lambda to which some factors are applied as deemed necessary by the OEM calibrator it seems.

TTQS
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:45:41 AM by TTQS » Logged
Giannis

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2011, 02:28:51 PM »

Thank you Doug i found this about kflf the last few days when i was trying to calibrate my car to go lean burn and it was going richer (i was setting it @1.10). I agree with you that in high rpm and load does not make big difference. I did't have time to read the new guide. I just would like to share my found with you. Regards.
rayce

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2011, 07:40:16 PM »

Thank you Doug i found this about kflf the last few days when i was trying to calibrate my car to go lean burn and it was going richer (i was setting it @1.10). I agree with you that in high rpm and load does not make big difference. I did't have time to read the new guide. I just would like to share my found with you. Regards.

Just curious, what are you doing to keep your oxygen sensor from trimming out your adjustments?

04 TT 225BEA Quattro
Giannis

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2011, 05:59:25 AM »

I am dissabling closed loop control for rpm that i want to run leaner. Search the forum. Sorry for off topic.
TTQS
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2011, 09:31:32 AM »

Document revised. Changes as below:

All. Minor editorial amendments, including standardizing the translation of 'soll' to 'target' instead of 'requested' or 'desired'. Correction of 'indicated' to 'indexed'.
Section 3.1 Interpretation of torque pathway from pedal angle to throttle angle in terms of maps and variables added.
Section 4. Reference made to manually translated funktionsrahmen modules available on Nefmoto.
New section 4.1 added to discuss the nature and origin of DAMOS & ASAP2 files. Existing sections renumbered.
Section 5.3.2. Remarks added for both KFMIRL and KFMIOP to note that (a) these maps are the inverse (complementary, not arithmetic inverse) of each other and changes made to one should be reflected in the other to avoid problematic operation (b) KFMIRL should be adjusted to tune part-throttle torque response.
Section 5.3.2. Section on LDRXN revised to compare and contrast with LDRXNZK.
Section 7.2. (Motronic German Terms and their Abbreviated Forms) amended

TTQS
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:46:08 AM by TTQS » Logged
ejg3855

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2011, 05:33:22 AM »

Document revised. Changes as below:

All. Minor editorial amendments, including standardizing the translation of 'soll' to 'target' instead of 'requested' or 'desired'. Correction of 'indicated' to 'indexed'.
Section 3.1 Interpretation of torque pathway from pedal angle to throttle angle in terms of maps and variables added.
Section 4. Reference made to manually translated funktionsrahmen modules available on Nefmoto.
New section 4.1 added to discuss the nature and origin of DAMOS & ASAP2 files. Existing sections renumbered.
Section 5.3.2. Remarks added for both KFMIRL and KFMIOP to note that (a) these maps are the inverse (complementary, not arithmetic inverse) of each other and changes made to one should be reflected in the other to avoid problematic operation (b) KFMIRL should be adjusted to tune part-throttle torque response.
Section 5.3.2. Section on LDRXN revised to compare and contrast with LDRXNZK.
Section 7.2. (Motronic German Terms and their Abbreviated Forms) amended

Doug

Cool, and its a good read. Are any of the .ols files posted wideband?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2011, 07:38:19 PM »

standardizing the translation of 'soll' to 'target' instead of 'requested' or 'desired'. Correction of 'indicated' to 'indexed'.

Question: should I do the same in my map packs and s4wiki?

We're also (kinda) hampered by ECUx historical nomenclature...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: