Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Complete noob question, regarding pulling a bin. file  (Read 17683 times)
micahmr2

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 07:05:47 PM »

LOL. You are so correct. The GUI is not working, which prompted my post here. It can't find my specific path when selecting my bin.file

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 07:07:06 PM »

It was a screen print of what I as getting which showed what I was typing in and the view of the directory.

You don't need a word doc to post a screen shot.

AND you can copy text from a cmd prompt shell - you don't need a screen shot at all.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
micahmr2

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 07:17:16 PM »

I tried copying the text from a command prompt and it wouldn't copy it. I tried posting an image and it wouldn't post either. Sorry.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »

Try png or jpg next time, not bmp...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
MadCow

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »

You have to right-click and copy manually in CMD, the ctrl-c command stops the current operation. To simplify, put everything into 1 folder, then navigate to it with CMD and run the .exe, replace the path to the file with just the filename. Your command isn't working because you don't have quotation marks around the path, you need them if there's a space anywhere in the path, in this case it's Program Files.
phila_dot

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 08:17:58 PM »

Create a folder on C drive, named ME7L or something simple like that.

Unzip the contents with folder names option to C:\ME7L

Paste your binary in C:\ME7L\bin.

Start CMD.exe.

Don't type the actual quotes below, just what's between them.

Type "CD C:\ME7L\bin" and press enter.

Type "ME7Info binary.bin" (replace binary.bin with the name of your binary file) and press enter.

The prompt will now tell you it found stuff. This created your *.ecu file in the ecus folder.

Next, type "ME7Info -t binary.bin" (again replace binary.bin with the name of your binary file) and press enter.

Again the prompt will tell you it found stuff and created your *.cfg file in the logs folder.
micahmr2

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 02:21:13 AM »

OK, that all work! Thanks! I'll play with it some more tonight and tomorrow. Should at some point I be able to use the GUI to get the logger to run? I think I read some where that you need to restart the computer to get the GUI to run after configuring ME7 with CMD.exe.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:28:55 AM by micahmr2 » Logged
awdlaunch

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 12:46:12 PM »

Ok, I'm stuck. I did the above, but how do I get the logger to run so I can log?
micahmr2

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 02:10:14 PM »

I finally got my all up and running. I am no wiz with this but if you follow the read me instructions on how to run it after you've done what you did, it should work. You'll need the ebay cable and download the driver and verify the port. I believe the command is something like me7logger -p (you ecu file). Though I never got the GUI to work. It still can't find the path even though it's in the same file. Good luck, these guys on here are very helpful.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: