Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need help- Newbie bricked his 01 A6 Instrument cluster..  (Read 9955 times)
cruciform

« on: January 27, 2013, 06:19:14 PM »

So, I had to mess around with my 01 a6's instrument cluster- The mileage was inaccurate (it's the original cluster, as far as I know) so I bought a Vag-commander 1.4 off of ebay to add the mileage needed. Well, I got the cable, got into the instrument cluster section, and somehow erased the BIN file. (the cluster went to some default setting- fuel guage pegged well past the full mark, no LCD screen, and a flashing immobilizer symbol. (and obviously, no start) I tried searching here for the appropriate file, but haven't found anything that's working.

I don't even care if the cluster functions at this point, I just need to get the car past the immobilizer-

I have-
VAG-COM (full version)
VAG-TACHO
and the
VAG K+ Can commander Version 1.4

Can anyone help an idiot out?
In VAG-COM, the cluster reads all sorts of symbols in the 'Extra' line.

If you need any more info, let me know..
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:08:51 PM by nyet » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »

Somewhere on here I uploaded a few cluster bins, although they're for non-immo a6's. Defeat the immobilizer using argdubs tool, then upload a new bin to the cluster. If you can't find the thread, I can snag one from my immo-equipped 2001 tomorrow and upload it. From there you can enter your immobilizer specifics.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
cruciform

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:20:29 PM »

Somewhere on here I uploaded a few cluster bins, although they're for non-immo a6's. Defeat the immobilizer using argdubs tool, then upload a new bin to the cluster. If you can't find the thread, I can snag one from my immo-equipped 2001 tomorrow and upload it. From there you can enter your immobilizer specifics.

Thanks so much for the info- I did a search for 'ardubs' and 'ardub' but couldn't find anything...

If I can just get the car back up and operational, it really needs to be moved tonight if possible...
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 07:32:58 PM »

There's a sticky at the top of FLASHING/CHIPPING entitled "understanding/retrofitting immobilizer. It contains immo-defeated eeprom dumps as well as a link to the tool.

And it's ARGDUB (user).

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
cruciform

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 08:00:34 PM »

There's a sticky at the top of FLASHING/CHIPPING entitled "understanding/retrofitting immobilizer. It contains immo-defeated eeprom dumps as well as a link to the tool.

And it's ARGDUB (user).

OK, I found the info. thanks again! Unfortunately, I'm not a savvy programmer, I know just enough to get me into trouble (hence the bricked cluster). I really don't have much (or any) experience with programming- I was just looking to correct the mileage on my a6..

Is there ANY way you could give me a step by step (as if you were telling it to a 12yr old Wink ) I'm really new to all of this, and have been working trying to resolve this since 2 pm (it's now 10 pm here). meanwhile, my car is parked, blocking my wife (who has work tomorrow) and I have to make arrangements for both of us if I can't get this fixed...

thanks soooo very much for any and all help!
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 08:06:37 PM »

That thread links you to argdubs program (me7_95040), and with the information in the sticky I wrote you have EVERYTHING you need to disable the immobilizer. The only caveat is that you'll need to remove the ecu covers and put it into bootmode to get it fixed. Unfortunately you are in the worst possible situation. Before attempting any of this you should have become accustomed to bootmode, and have a contingency plan in the event something happened. Where are you located?

You can email me. ddillenger84@gmail.com

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
cruciform

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 08:28:19 PM »

That thread links you to argdubs program (me7_95040), and with the information in the sticky I wrote you have EVERYTHING you need to disable the immobilizer. The only caveat is that you'll need to remove the ecu covers and put it into bootmode to get it fixed. Unfortunately you are in the worst possible situation. Before attempting any of this you should have become accustomed to bootmode, and have a contingency plan in the event something happened. Where are you located?

You can email me. ddillenger84@gmail.com
Sent you an email, I'm in Buffalo, NY.
f1torrents

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 04:48:30 PM »

Can you post the part number for your cluster.
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 11:54:48 PM »

Just to update this, I walked the OP through an immo-defeat, and then he flashed one of the bins I provided (available in the cluster dumps section). All is well again.

Interesting side note, none of the gauges worked with a corrupted cluster bin, and when an a4 bin was loaded it had the unintentional effect of making the fuel gauge inaccurate (among other things).

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Drehkraft

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 08:59:55 PM »

I've played with a few B5 Passat clusters.   None of them would function at all without a correct bin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: