Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31
Author Topic: Opinions: using KFLBTS vs LAMFA for fuel all the time?  (Read 356849 times)
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »

How would you get closed loop 1.1 with narrowband O2 sensors?

As from what you all told me, you can't. What I'm saying is disable closed loop at low loads, run lambda>1. Then at elevated load, switch to open loop and run fueling as suggested here via KR, BTS or however you like.

I forget the map name to disable closed loop, but Rick mentioned it in the post I referenced above ^^^

Edit: Found time to look and see what map I was referring to; "RLLRUN". Is this idea not feasible? Somebody enlighten me.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:00:55 PM by rob.mwpropane » Logged

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
julex

« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »

RLRUN - I can't find such map in any full OLS files.

I found a way to run closed loop at higher AFR (by telling the use to use different switching point of o2 sensor than 0.445v which is 14.7), look at me separate thread titled "Lean Burn......"
julex

« Reply #212 on: February 18, 2012, 04:53:11 PM »

err...  http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=141.msg14594#msg14594

I am confused, are you editing KFLAMKR or KFLAMKRL?

Its been jumped back and forth for the entire discussion both here and on other related threads.  What map are you editing?  Because the RL map you posted is for sure edited from what I have with stock mbox.

Sorry, mentally flip flopped the maps. Obviously the screenshot tells you which map is modified.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #213 on: February 18, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »

RLRUN - I can't find such map in any full OLS files.

I found a way to run closed loop at higher AFR (by telling the use to use different switching point of o2 sensor than 0.445v which is 14.7), look at me separate thread titled "Lean Burn......"

Sorry, my mistake. I believe the map that Rick was talking about is RLLRUN. I fixed the above post as well. I looked in a couple OLS files and found it.

I'm not sure that I'm totally sold on recalibrating the "sweet spot". I have read your thread, and its intriguing. I have not been able to locate the map that you referred. I have to do some more reading.

Can anybody tell me what the pros and cons are of running closed loop leaner AFR as opposed to open loop leaner AFR?... Well besides the obvious, that closed loop would be with sensor input.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
ta79pr

« Reply #214 on: February 18, 2012, 09:31:42 PM »

I am totally new to this, but I was attempting to read the function and data sheet and noticed the following on p. 676 regarding the stochiometric ratio (it seems to imply that it can be adjusted (rich or lean) away from 1 through LAMSBG_W [fuklamsbg (1515A in 4Z7907551R)]:

Variable Source Type Description
LAMSBG W LAMSOLL EIN Desired Lambda limitation (word)
NMOT SWADAP EIN engine speed
RK2 W GK AUS relative fuel mass Bank2
RKA2 W LRA EIN additive adaptive correction of the relative fuel amount bank 2
RKACO W EIN Additive correction of the rel. fuel mass for setting idle-speed CO
RKA W LRA EIN additive adaptive correction of the relative fuel amount
RKTE W TEB EIN relative fuel part of the purge control
RKUKG W ESVST EIN rel. fuel mass transition compensation
RK W GK AUS relative fuel mass
RL SWADAP EIN relative air charge
RLP W BGRLP EIN rel. air charge predicted for injection calculation (Word)
FW GK 13.10 Fixed Values
Parameter Value Description
FB GK 13.10 Detailed description of function
The function GK calculates the relative fuel mass rk w necessary for the predicted relative air charge rlp w of a
cylinder, for combustion at Lambda = 1.0. The standardisation of the two variables rlp w and rk w was chosen such that, at
100% air charge 100% fuel is also required for combustion with the engine at operating temperature and where Lambda = 1.0.
The stochiometric ratio of air mass to fuel mass in the cylinder is designated here as lambda combustion chamber,
as opposed to lambda sensor, which is measured on the lambda sensor and may deviate from lambda combustion chamber due to the
introduction of secondary air. In normal engine operation lambda-combustion chamber = lambda-sensor.
The function ESVST delivers the pre control values fgru, fst w, fnswl w, fwe for lambda-combustion chamber = 1.0.
This lambda combustion chamber can be shifted to "rich" or "lean" by way of the desired value of lambda LAMSOLL to improve
engine running (engine protection, lean running limit) or to comply with exhaust specifications.

The function GKRA includes mixture adaptation (rka w, fra w), canister purge (rkte w), canister purge diagnosis and
lambda control (fr w).
The continuous lambda controller controls each bank to the required lambda (lamsbg w, lamsbg2 w), which is
formed in the function overview LAMSOLL.
During secondary air the input for lambda controller is lamsbg w =lamsons w,lamsbg2 w=lamsons2 w, lambda-combustion chamber
is # 1.0.

02 TT tdi (BEW)
2005 allroad 2.7tM (BEL)
phila_dot

« Reply #215 on: February 18, 2012, 10:00:40 PM »

What you are refering to can never be leaner than lambda 1. It will always follow the richest input and has lambda 1 values hardcoded.
julex

« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2012, 12:05:19 PM »

Sorry, my mistake. I believe the map that Rick was talking about is RLLRUN. I fixed the above post as well. I looked in a couple OLS files and found it.

I'm not sure that I'm totally sold on recalibrating the "sweet spot". I have read your thread, and its intriguing. I have not been able to locate the map that you referred. I have to do some more reading.

Can anybody tell me what the pros and cons are of running closed loop leaner AFR as opposed to open loop leaner AFR?... Well besides the obvious, that closed loop would be with sensor input.

The point is that open loops' AFR could really be anything several % points either way of what you think it is based on fueling tables. You will run few tenths of lambda either side of desired amount... and god forbid your maf curve, or more precisely the *clusterfaq* (had to use that word...) KFLF and KFKHFM is (some insane person calibrated these), doesn't match your intake. If you changed ANYTHING on the intake path, MAF diameter, turbos, intake pipes, cone filter, etc, these maps essentially don't apply anymore. They are calibrated for stock intake. When you forfeit using closed loop, you start to exclusively rely on them.

If you really want to see how inaccurate they are, log the car and do some mild acceleration through the RPM range and look at lambda corrections... you'll be scared once you realize that if not for the closed loop, you'd be hanging 10+ % on either side of lambda 1.0... that's 13...16 afr. Closed loop ensures that the system self regulates to stick to the o2 switching point which is 14.7 with narrowband o2 sensor...

One more thing. If you see ANY long term fuel corrections, it means that you have exceeded 10 or 15% (I forget what the threshold is) of lambda corrections in the past.

So... if you force open loop for all the time and you flash that, then it means that:

1) you disabled clsoed loop
2) your system will never store long term LTFTs
3) you might be running REALLY off the target fueling.

Just make sure you wideband o2 hooked up to monitor real AFRs.

On the side note, the KFLF and KFKHFM are a mystery to me. More precisely, the mystery is why they subtract from one table and add to the other creating overly complicated relationship where just doing KFLF would do.

I know, somebody will say "but if you just do KFLF then you will inbalance something in the ECU as you're playing with fuel mass correction etc, etc". Well, just go and look at RS4 factory map. The way they did that one makes far more sense. They left KFKHFM alone (defaults to 1.00 for all points) and only adjusted KFLF. You can finally see the full picture when looking at just one map.

I think I will reset my MAF corrections map as well and only do KFLF.

Cheers.
julex

« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2012, 12:35:40 PM »

stuff

If you look at  flow diagrams for lambda paths, you will often notice logical gate where it says "MIN". Its input values are "1.0" and some lambda variable value from maps or other modules. This is where the ECU chooses lower value from two inputs.

I think you just realized what that means?

It means that given a lambda request/variable which is larger than 1.0, the ECU will choose lower value which is a hard coded "1.0". Ot of the window goes your anything higher than 1.0 in a table. When input variable is less than 1.0, the ECU will follow that request since it is less than 1.0.

The only way to sway the system towards running leaner (lambda more than 1.0), is to lie to it via some fundamental sensor input so it thinks it is at L=1 but in reality it is not which is really all we care about. By making the system think the o2 sensor's lambda point is lower voltage than what the stock value is, accomplishes that.
s5fourdoor

« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2012, 11:48:29 PM »

KFKHFM is 1.00 in the RS4 tune exactly like you said.  Also FKKVS is 1.00 in the RS4 tune.  As you suggested, I agree that KFLF is the best way to tune corrections.  My belief is that the correct way to do it is as follows.  Setup a full logging session, ideally 30+ minutes of 10 Hz for all the relevant variables.  Take the following:  Corrected Load vs RPM vs Average of Lambda 1 / Lambda 2.  Thus you'd have a very lengthy time series of these three variables synched up.  From here you take a two-dimensional curve-fitting tool, which bins and self-groups the data to build a surface.

This surface will then have the axis of the KFLF tables, one can visualize not just the local average but also the standard deviations of lambda corrections.  The necessary changes will be obvious and relatively smooth.  Then take this this map and create a blending table.  The blending table takes x% of the value from the "theoretical curve surface" and (100-x)% from the 1.00 constant table.  This is a goal-seeking technique known as "mixing", we'd likely start with x=50.

This multiplicative inverse of this blended table with x% is your new KFLF.  The likelihood is you'll need to recenter your LTFT's after the first KFLF revision.  My guess is that further KFLF repeats of this procedure and effective refinements using this methodology will require progressively less KRKTE/TVUB adjustments.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:50:42 PM by nehalem » Logged
julex

« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2012, 07:02:55 AM »

Good stuff.

This is exactly what I was thinking to do but at this point of time I fail on a technical level of finding such tool and properly feeding it the data. I don't even know what software would that be. Some statistical analysis tool?
s5fourdoor

« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »

Heh, no fault there.   MATLAB all the way.    If you get me those vectors, I'll attempt it...    i can try to use an old log today.
julex

« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2012, 09:35:30 AM »

I'll dive into this and cry for help if needed. Men don't ask for directions Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2012, 11:28:30 AM »

KFKHFM is 1.00 in the RS4 tune exactly like you said

Your method assumes KFKHFM = 1.00 everywhere is correct... which is generally far from the case Sad

You are tuning fueling assuming your MAF data is correct (which isn't true).

In fact, I used a variant of what you suggest to tune my KFKHFM table, assuming the fueling is correct (which also isn't true)

If you really want to do it "right" you have to figure out how to tune one without depending on the correctness of the other.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
julex

« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2012, 01:58:07 PM »

Your method assumes KFKHFM = 1.00 everywhere is correct... which is generally far from the case Sad

You are tuning fueling assuming your MAF data is correct (which isn't true).

In fact, I used a variant of what you suggest to tune my KFKHFM table, assuming the fueling is correct (which also isn't true)

If you really want to do it "right" you have to figure out how to tune one without depending on the correctness of the other.

To do it right without relying on "The other one" (depending which one you chose to use) would mean resetting the other one to "1", set the table you want to use with result of multiplication between two tables for all respective cells and voila. Then, just to prove the point, you have to drive the crap out of the car in low/med load conditions. Analyzing the logs afterwards and adjust as needed.

Looking at RS4 tune it all makes sense. Looking at S4 tune it does not. S4's fueling seems to jump all over the place once you combine both tables, RS4 is much more linear. I would like to see some long ME7L logs from stock S4/A6/allroad (they seem to share the same overly complicated fueling tables) to see how lambda behaves. I have no trust anymore in whoever came up with these and I bet the lambda travels around like a drunken sailor Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2012, 02:23:51 PM »

I have no trust anymore in whoever came up with these and I bet the lambda travels around like a drunken sailor Smiley

Ha. No kidding Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: