Pages: [1]
Author Topic: looking for some help  (Read 3718 times)
zack0220

« on: June 25, 2018, 10:30:56 AM »

hey guys I have an 02 VW Jetta1.8t, I need to delete the immobilizer and I am completely new at this, is there a file I can flash to my pcm that someone has already done that has the immobilizer deleted? where can I find such a file? Thanks in advance!
birchbark506

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 04:32:17 AM »

Need to pull your original file off the ecu some time they can be immo off in the software but other time it's a chip on the board that has to be desolider.
zack0220

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 05:21:40 AM »

ah gotcha, ill pull the software today and see, what should i be looking for?
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 05:37:17 AM »

Immo off in flash is possible. Still don't need to lift the 95040 chip unless you can't flash on the bench top. Read the 95040 chip with me7eeprom tool stickied on this forum. The original version is a cmd program and need to be ran in cmd. Other members have made gui's to make it easier. You'll need a 12v power supply and bench flash setup so you can power the ecu on the bench top. Bootmode can be done in car but you rush shorting out the pin because the ecu has to be open and pin 24 needs to be grounded during powerup. Immo off in flash is possible but unless you have mpps it won't bipass immo for the write over port so you'd need to bootmode anyway

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 05:42:38 AM »

ah gotcha, ill pull the software today and see, what should i be looking for?
You'll be hard pressed just to find a file you can write with immo off. Like I said ^^ even if you do come by a file to flash you'll still need bootmode to read and write the Eeprom or to write your immo off in flash file. To clear up confusion theirs more them one place in the ecu that data is stored and in your generation the main 2 locations is the Eprom  (tune file) and Eeprom  (adaptations, immo). The Eprom is the end of the line for the immo so you can disable immo in Eeprom or flash

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
zack0220

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 06:45:41 AM »

I am having a difficult time connecting to the ecu, I have the software installed into my laptop and I have the drivers installed into my laptop for the obdII cable, what am I doing wrong? any ideas?
zack0220

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 07:39:26 AM »

more research done, seems I need to update the drivers? but when I get to that part in the properties of my usb port the update drivers button is grayed out, so I am still not able to connect to my cable let alone the car, thanks in advance
zack0220

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 01:23:46 PM »

bump, anybody able to help a brother out!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 02:32:00 PM »

remove all drivers, install ftdi drivers. if that doesn't work you have a shit cable.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: