Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New here as well (2003 audi A4)  (Read 6982 times)
hummvee2134

« on: May 17, 2011, 08:28:52 PM »

Hey guys! Newbie here.

I just entered the VW/Audi world after leaving SAAB. I have to say, i really enjoy my A4 so far but i was disappointed to see that there weren't many open tuning options out there. When i came across this site, it pretty much made my day.

Im really excited to learn more about tuning VWs and Audis so I went ahead and ordered one of the recommended VAG-COM cables from eBay. Has anybody had success with flashing an A4 1.8t with NefMoto? If not, i am more than willing to donate time and effort toward the cause!

I would also like to say how much i appreciate the time that has gone into NefMoto so far, as a software/network engineer, i can understand some of the pain it takes to write such a robust and functional program.

If theres any way i can contribute or help, give me a shout!

Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 05:58:38 PM »

Glad you decided to join the Audi community. Have you been able to try reflashing your ECU yet?

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
TTQS
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 11:21:30 AM »

I don't normally do 'welcome to the forum' posts, but welcome to the forum!

Flashing is the easy bit, understanding the complexity and subtleties of Motronic for a turbocharged engine is the main barrier to entry for most of us. That's mainly what's holding my interest going forward. Forum member rob.mwpropane is working towards tuning his A4 1.8T. Drop him a PM. We've been discussing a few bits and pieces and I'm sure he would appreciate somebody else to bounce ideas off.

Nefmoto is a terrific community. I had a thought the other day. Wouldn't it be amazing if, as a responsible bunch of amateur tuners and interested parties, if we could work together to produce safely optimised "Nefmoto" tunes for a variety of common VAG vehicles. Tony already has a Stage 3 tune for the S4. A good set of Stage 1, 2 and 3 tunes for 1.8T motors would be a suitable progression.

That suggestion might kick off a debate  Wink

Regards.

Doug
SixSeven

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:52:26 AM »

Hummvee2134,

I just joined the forum after finding the lack of DIY Audi tuning solutions more than a little disappointing as well.  I've got a 2000 A4 with the ATW 1.8T, and I'm really interested in developing a safe tune for it.  I  know there are some differences between the B6 and B5 1.8T (I think you guys get VVT for example), but it would be awesome to contribute to a set of tunes for these motors.  I've got a more mechanical background, but I'd be happy to do what I can whenever grad school doesn't get in the way.
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 02:31:15 PM »

That suggestion might kick off a debate  Wink

I think this definitely deserves it's own thread, Doug.
Coupee36

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 10:10:14 AM »

I just joined today myself.  I have been a bmw enthusiast for many years but just picked up a used 98 B5 V6 A4 and was referred by a member to this site.  I ordered a vagcom cable couple of weeks ago and have been getting my feet wet the past week with it on my macbook via virtualbox.  I will be going through the forums and digest as much as possible on this hobby and hopefully i can one day be a contributor Smiley .. thanks for the community, looking forward for whats ahead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: