Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Helping a schmuck out  (Read 17009 times)
drdimick

« on: January 15, 2012, 12:56:51 AM »

My disclaimer is I am really trying to figure this out, but to no avail.  I'm simply trying to use the logger with the Nefmoto flasher/logger and I have a few questions.  The variable ID, would I enter KRKTE to log primary fueling?  And as far as units, address and data type go where do I start for those?

Thanks

Dan
robin

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:07:36 PM »

KRKTE is a constant, not a variable that you need to log. You would instead find it in the .bin itself.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 02:10:32 PM »

You would use the ME7Logger/ME7Info tools to generate an ECU definition file that you can load into the NefMoto data logging software.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
drdimick

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 01:40:29 AM »

Thank you for the replies!  Tony I would thank you for the work you have done if I fully understood it, but I don't.  It seems (and I fully believe) you have something very amazing going on here.  Unfortunately for myself I am not a software engineer (or a computer enthusiast) so I have a bit of a learning curve ahead of me.   Robin, while I understand the terms constant and variable, even though I dont know the specific variable(s) I am looking for, as well as KRKTE being primary fueling (I used this because it was the first "acronym" I saw in the s4wiki tuning guide) I can only assume that the .bin you speak of would be something similar to the bin file that  comes with the ME7Logger.  Which makes sense seeing that Tony's post was related to the ME7Logger/ME7info, which I can't get to work, which raises a problem for myself.  Why can't I get it, being ME7Logger, to work.  I am using windows 7, but I am pretty computer..."uninitiated"...so I am unsure if I need to use XP (or in a XP virtual machine) since ME7Logger was developed in XP or am I doing it wrong.  Regardless I can't get the Logger application or the Info application to work correctly so theres where it seems I am stuck.  I would rather someone point me in the right direction to learn rather than attempt to "hold my hand" (I am not assuming that any of you would do this).  Thanks to anyone that puts effort into teaching me.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 12:32:22 PM »

First step is to get ME7Logger to work so you can generate an ECU definition file for your ECU. You will need to get a file that matches what is already on the ECU in your car, or read what is on your ECU using the NefMoto software or other.

When you run the ME7Logger, are you doing it from a command prompt window? Have you tried either of the two user interface wrappers for the ME7Logger?

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 05:31:25 PM »

I'm computer illiterate as well, but this made life so much easier;

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1079.0title=

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
drdimick

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 03:07:42 PM »

I just got a chance to start working on this again, thanks for the input.  I started trying to use the logger via command prompts and then I started using the GUI (which is right up my alley) but I am hitting a brick wall with both (again).  I cannot get ME7info to work in command prompts, and when I attempt to create an ECU Image with the GUI, well I cant.  I know it has to be something I am doing wrong, but as for starting ME7Info in command prompts it looks like its about to start and then another command prompt screen pops up for a split second and disappears.  As for creating the ECU image with the GUI it wants me to select a .bin file, which the only one I can find is a example.bin, which doesn't work.  So how exactly do you create an ECU image?
drdimick

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »

OK I found and downloaded an ECU image from the ECU files section here, go figure.  I am still having an issue when selecting it though, it keeps telling me that I can't open map file.  I have to be screwing something simple up.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 03:47:49 PM »

OK I found and downloaded an ECU image from the ECU files section here, go figure.  I am still having an issue when selecting it though, it keeps telling me that I can't open map file.  I have to be screwing something simple up.

Do you have the GUI in the same directory as the folders from Me7logger?

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
drdimick

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »

Yes.
drdimick

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 04:35:59 PM »

There error message is "can't open map file C:\users\dan\desktop\logger\defs\me7_std.map"  but there was never a defs portion of that directory.
drdimick

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 05:08:55 PM »

Ok I figured it out, somehow I deleted the defs file out of the directory, I downloaded the logger again and now I am getting further.
drdimick

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 10:04:56 PM »

So if I downloaded a .bin file (01 S4 6 speed H box) off of here, that image should be fine to use to log my specific car right?
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 01:20:43 AM »

You need to use the specific binary that matches that of your ECU. The easiest way is to read your ECU using NefMoto.
drdimick

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 07:55:37 AM »

Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: