Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First Log. Little Help Understanding Please.  (Read 9173 times)
cactusgreens4

« on: October 16, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »

So the other day I took a log on my 2000 s4. I have bosh 52lb injectors (working on dialing them in) and a vast 90?mm maf housing. Im running original K03 turbos with no cats and coded out rear o2 sensors. My wideband is a zeitronix unit. I am running the schnell-mbox stg2++ file with altered tables for maf size and injector scaling. My log started at ~1500 rpm and only goes to ~3800 at which point the car cuts out. I believe this has something to do with my fueling... regardless, I was using ecuxplot to graph my logs of zeitronix and nyet's me7logger. I compared the two using a filter that starts at 1500 rpm and requires the run to be at least 2000 rpm long as i was not planning on going all the way to 7000 rpm yet. I have the x axis set as rpm and the y axis set as zeitronix wideband and y axis 2 set as requested air fuel ratio (afr).

I am curious if I have set my graph up correctly to view what I need to compare the air fuel ratios. Mostly I am wondering why my requested (purple line) starts at 21 and goes down to 12.2 while the actual (zeitronix red line) hangs around 13.5 and then 14 at 3k rpm then down to 12.2 by 3500 rpm and then up a little and back down a little between 3500 and 3750.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 12:38:50 PM »

that req afr can't be right. are you using the right ecu definition?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 01:11:29 PM »

Without looking at the log or even thoroughly reading your post, I would suggest throwing the stock MAF back in and getting the injector calibration dialed in first. Once you are satisfied with that, then move onto the MAF.
cactusgreens4

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 01:27:49 PM »

i used the ecu bin file that i flashed to my ecu and used me7info to create the ecu definition file i used while logging... if that is what you are asking
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 02:39:49 PM »

BTW don't even bother doing a pull until you get your idle fueling right.

STFT < 2 right after a LTFT reset.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »

Look at the scale on the right.
cactusgreens4

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 04:33:25 PM »

BTW don't even bother doing a pull until you get your idle fueling right.

STFT < 2 right after a LTFT reset.

as far as i know idle fueling is correct. what would tell me different?

Without looking at the log or even thoroughly reading your post, I would suggest throwing the stock MAF back in and getting the injector calibration dialed in first. Once you are satisfied with that, then move onto the MAF.

this is a great idea and that will be something i do with my next flash. i will just have to find a stock hitachi maf table and put my sensor back in the stock intake.

i did not notice that. is there anyway i can make the scale on the right match the scale on the left?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »

Ugh. I see.

Somebody needs to learn to put items with the same units on the same axis :/

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 06:21:33 PM »

as far as i know idle fueling is correct. what would tell me different?

LTFT, STFT.

The fact that your actual isn't anywhere near your requested tells me your idle fueling probably isn't right either...

ECUx Plot

cactusgreens4

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 08:06:15 PM »

Ugh. I see.

Somebody needs to learn to put items with the same units on the same axis :/

how exactly is that?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »

you have two y axis, one on the left and one on the right. each axis can have a different scale, and they autoscale to the min/max value of the data.

if you put things you want to compare on different y axis, they'll be different scales, and you can't compare them.

why would you want that?

put both afrs in y axis 1 or both in y axis 2

ECUx Plot

cactusgreens4

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 09:18:27 PM »

Yes I figured that out after reading what you had said a few more times. This is what I came up with now. As you can tell the actual is not following the requested so i guess now I have to revert to the original maf and start tuning STFT or LTFT?
cactusgreens4

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »

So today I installed my stock maf and changed my maf table back to stock. Here is an ecuxplot graph of my current run. I am trying to dial in my fuel injectors first but not really sure where to start so if someone could chime in that would be great. Do I need to change my krkte? tvub? and how can i figure it out? Thanks again everyone for your patience and help as I am still learning.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 01:57:26 PM »

start tuning STFT or LTFT?

that is always the first step Tongue

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: