Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IMMO in my way - 2003 VW 1.8t ME7.5  (Read 13213 times)
trevor

« on: October 30, 2011, 08:37:14 AM »

I am doing a motor swap with an AWP engine from a 2003 Jetta. I will not be using the original transponder key and cluster so I need to remove the IMMO. I have the KWP-2000+, RossTech Dual-K & CAN USB, and Ebay FTDI OBD2 K-line tool. I have built a bench harness that I am able to read the ECU for readiness and  DTCs with various programs but I cannot read the EEPROMs. I get the error "Immobilizer Not Authenticated". From what I understand, without having the ECU in the car and the IMMO happy, I am required to use boot mode? I have shorted the boot pin to ground with a resistor. At this point I cannot seem to get any software/hardware combo to even recognize the ECU. I have tried two different ECUs to no avail. I have been lurking here for a week and learned a ton of great info but have had no success dumping my bin. Does anyone have any pointers this newb?

Thanks in advance for your help. I've been impressed with the quality and cooperation in this form, and look forward to being able to eventually contribute myself.
littco

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 02:01:07 PM »

When you say you will not use the original key and cluster is that from the donor engine or the one in the car at present? If you are just fitting a different ecu into the car and want to retain the the original keys and cluster then you can use vagcom, you'll need both skc's but you can adapt the new ecu to your old cluster key combo. If that's not the case could you just clarify what you plan on doing as it's not really that clear. Well to me anyway :-)
trevor

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 07:43:41 PM »

When you say you will not use the original key and cluster is that from the donor engine or the one in the car at present? If you are just fitting a different ecu into the car and want to retain the the original keys and cluster then you can use vagcom, you'll need both skc's but you can adapt the new ecu to your old cluster key combo. If that's not the case could you just clarify what you plan on doing as it's not really that clear. Well to me anyway :-)
I bought a wrecked 2003 Automatic Jetta and plan on using the motor in a 91 GLI. The donor car was an automatic so I have the ECU from the auto and sourced one from a manual car(with no immo defeat or any other info). I have the key and cluster from the automatic car but need an ECU for a manual car with the IMMO defeated so I do not need to keep the 2003 key and cluster for the motor swap.

In short.... Need ECU to run manual trans motor swap. I have an auto ecu with cluster and key. I also have a manual ECU without cluster and key. I have various cables and posses Googlefoo but have been unable to access EEPROM containing Immo data. Can I use the hardware and bootmode to modify one or both of the ECUs in my possession to run my auto to manual motor swap with the immo turned off?
kls

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 09:35:51 PM »

In your case an immo off would make the install much easier. To do it you really need some hardware capable of reading/writing directly to the eeprom in the ECU. Something along the lines of a Willem programmer or a UPA-USB programmer. You would connect direct to the 8 pin SOIC eeprom, read, edit and write back the data to disable your immo.
trevor

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 06:31:32 AM »

In your case an immo off would make the install much easier. To do it you really need some hardware capable of reading/writing directly to the eeprom in the ECU. Something along the lines of a Willem programmer or a UPA-USB programmer. You would connect direct to the 8 pin SOIC eeprom, read, edit and write back the data to disable your immo.
I'm not afraid to remove it from the board but I was under the impression that it could be read/written via the OBD port. Is this not accurate? I know however that the simplest way would be to read it directly but was trying to avoid purchasing more hardware.
littco

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »

Cluster and keys won't care if ecu is manual or auto therefore you can use the manual ecu.

Using vagcom. Plug in the manual ecu. And use the skc from this ecu to log in. Remember skc is 4 digits , login 5 so add a 0 before the code. Then go to adaption , block 50 and select read. Enter the old skc from the old ecu and press test. New ecu will now recode to old ecu settings ie reset to immob. No need for immob defeat. Hope this helps.
trevor

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 02:39:24 PM »

Thats good info. I will remember that. However, I will not have a cluster or transponder in the project car. Basically I am using the ECU in a standalone type setup in an older car with an analog cluster so I need to defeat the IMMO on the manual ecu. Again, for the manual ecu, I do not have cluster or keys. So I was trying to access the EEPROM via bootmode through the OBD using hardware that I have (noted in first post).
trevor

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 06:59:01 AM »

I was able to connect in boot-mode with minicom. I was switching power on all B+ pins rather than just the ignition switch so I added a second switch. Not sure what to do from there. Guess I need to buy a serial eeprom flasher. Any one else know how to access the 95040 eeprom via boot-mode using the ebay k-line, rosstech or kwp2000+?
littco

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 11:01:11 AM »

I've had limited success with vag+ commander. On a bench it connects reads the 95040, it even has a button to immo off, which it changes the 4 bits of hex to defeat, however it won't flash back to the chip. I've tried it in the car but there I can't connect so basically it doesn't work and I would suggest you don't use! In other words my post is pointless come to think of it, sorry!

Seriously a willem programmer and 95040 clip is your friend, no need to remove the chip can be done in on the board.
trevor

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 12:22:39 PM »

Yep. Looks like I'll be getting a programmer. Thanks for the input  Cool Can anyone recommend a specific model and software to use with it?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 02:45:32 PM by trevor » Logged
AmIdYfReAk

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 09:09:25 PM »

http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4312
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: