Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Southern Oregon here.  (Read 2172 times)
TheCream

« on: August 06, 2016, 11:32:11 PM »

I've been on here a few days now, I suppose I could introduce myself..

I'm George and I recently moved to Southern Oregon from South Dakota. High desert/basin. Love that there is next to no humidity and the mountains/trees, just miss the legit thunderstorms(lots of rain, not just sprinkles) and wind, and my friends and family.

Scooped up a 2004 VW Jetta GLI with under 65k in pristine condition. Car has an Injen CAI, Forge TIP, Neuspeed FMIC, VF Engineering DV(I also have a Turbo XS DV that I kept from my GTI I used to own), and a mystery tune, which is now messed up because I was an idiot and spaced that my car was tuned and attempted to read the ECU file and now I have the Programming Not Finished error code(which includes good old 5psi limp mode, 5200rpm rev limit, and multiple cylinder misfires). The above items listed are what was on the car when I bought it 3 months ago.  I have since installed a 3" catless turboback(straightpiped for the time being), EBC drilled/slotted rotors and Green Stuff pads, a boost gauge, and a BFI Stage 2(Race) Dogbone mount.

I got into the tuning scene in 2003, when I bought a Civic Si brand new that year, had a child, had to make some tough decisions(bad, bad, bad relationship, job layoffs, custody battle, etc) and made some sacrifices, slowly built myself back up and bought my first VW in 2009 (2004 GTI 1.8t 5-speed which was heavily modded yet only ko4 turbo), gave that to a friend who screwed me over on the pickup he traded me, moved out here, found this beauty and now am getting back into the joys of German manufacturing. So please bear with me as I struggle to remember stuff. I used to build pc's with a buddy of mine and have worked as a mechanic for the last 6 1/2 years. I've a little background in most everything, as my grandfather was a handyman. He and I restored a 1981 VW Rabbit Cabriolet when I was 10-13. Always loved bugs, but never owned one. But anyways...how about some pics of the cara, eh?

My GLI and my 03 Audi Allroad 2.7t Quattro Tiptronic crapbucket

Miss my GTI

The frame notch I performed on my GTI
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 11:35:14 PM by TheCream » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: