Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anyone have a solution for logging 1.8T cars?  (Read 6925 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« on: March 13, 2013, 07:08:25 AM »

I have yet to come across a 1.8T Golf/Jetta that will allow me to create a datalog using ECUx or Setzi's logger... VCDS works but is slow as 60 weight oil on a -20 deg day and doesn't log enough variables.

I remember someone saying that they run a separate k-line to the ECU but this cannot be done on someone elses car.  I figure there has to be some other solution.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
terok

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 07:52:02 AM »

What's the problem then?
I have a golf 4, although 2.8 V6, ME7Logger works just fine.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 08:23:43 AM »

for some reason it connects, starts to log but then stops logging after 4-5 sec.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
userpike

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 09:30:20 PM »

I have yet to come across a 1.8T Golf/Jetta that will allow me to create a datalog using ECUx or Setzi's logger... VCDS works but is slow as 60 weight oil on a -20 deg day and doesn't log enough variables.

I remember someone saying that they run a separate k-line to the ECU but this cannot be done on someone elses car.  I figure there has to be some other solution.

What about the NefMoto logger? I haven't tried it but I will be attempting to use the loggers in a couple weeks. I have a '02 1.8t GTI. The tranny is out... I wore out/broke a Wavetrac diff believe it or not..
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 06:30:14 AM »

That I have not tried yet to be honest.  I should give that a shot

littco

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »

That I have not tried yet to be honest.  I should give that a shot

Have you tried a clean k-line from the ECU? I found on alot of me7 cars the cluster has a lot if noise in the k-line and you can't log with me7logger. I have a cable that has a k-line wire that bi passes the whole obd port and I plug directly into the ECU plug k-line. And it works fine. If its your own car just run a seperate k-line feed into the obd socket directly from the ECU.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 01:40:19 PM »

littco, I believe you suggested this to me previously... of course on my own car this is not an issue... But... the problem exists for me still on customer cars where I do not want to make any modifications.

ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »

For non vag-vehicles I use scanxl by PPE, Over CAN I can get around 20 samples per second, older vehicles between 8-12. What is the sample rate for VCDS?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
vagenwerk

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »

for vcds 0.7x when logging 3variables to about 4x if log 1var. if you are lucky Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: