Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Paid Ebay Tune Pack  (Read 22291 times)
focalpoint519

« on: July 28, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »

Hey here is a paid ebay tune pack to who ever finds its usefull, i cant vouch for the stage files, but theres lots of good check summed Orig files. As a new member i understand how hard it is to get something as simple as on orig, so i have turned to this pack many times when the community didn't help (like the orig request for a very common ecu i have in another thread)

This is the PAID tune pack, i know its of higher quality then a lot of other free archives (simply for the good ORIG files) and i can defiantly vouch a couple of the stage 1 files loaded on cars at the junkyard worked until the cars had gas tanks removed and got crushed.

https://ufile.io/krpbi
gt30avant

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 07:02:10 PM »

Hell yeah, thanks!
focalpoint519

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 08:49:12 PM »

No problems hope some one can make good use of it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 01:48:41 PM by focalpoint519 » Logged
metronet

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 08:05:19 AM »

Thanks for sharing!
Pasteurised

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 01:12:48 PM »

Doing gods work Cheesy
mister t

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 03:28:37 PM »

I've been wading through this batch of files for about 4-5 months now (bought it on my own back then) and my impressions are that while there are SOME good files, most of the developed files are diesel ones.

There's absolutely nothing decent for naturally aspirated engines and while there are some decent ones for gasoline powered turbo cars, many of them are incomplete in terms of having all necessary calibrations.

I've been matching them up with their respective damos files and starting my own little personal collection, but I'll warn you all, it's a LOT of tedious work. So don't assume that this will make you a master tooner overnight lol

SOAPBOX MOMENT:
One thing I have to say is I get the sneaking suspicion that many tooners (even 'respected' ones) use these types of files when a distributor calls in and says "hey guys, my client has a W8 with a set of headers and exhaust, do you have a file for it?" Then, said 'repsected' tooner calls up online toon company and asks for a file from them and out comes a garbage toon with a bit of timing added, a little AFR adjustment at WOT, rev limiter change and emissions codes taken out.

Then, said 'respectible' tooner charges $425 for the file and the customer goes on his merry way, never knowing that he got an ebay toon...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 03:34:14 PM by mister t » Logged
dennisn

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 10:21:10 PM »

Thank you, very helpful!
_nameless

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 09:26:50 AM »

I've been wading through this batch of files for about 4-5 months now (bought it on my own back then) and my impressions are that while there are SOME good files, most of the developed files are diesel ones.

There's absolutely nothing decent for naturally aspirated engines and while there are some decent ones for gasoline powered turbo cars, many of them are incomplete in terms of having all necessary calibrations.

I've been matching them up with their respective damos files and starting my own little personal collection, but I'll warn you all, it's a LOT of tedious work. So don't assume that this will make you a master tooner overnight lol

SOAPBOX MOMENT:
One thing I have to say is I get the sneaking suspicion that many tooners (even 'respected' ones) use these types of files when a distributor calls in and says "hey guys, my client has a W8 with a set of headers and exhaust, do you have a file for it?" Then, said 'repsected' tooner calls up online toon company and asks for a file from them and out comes a garbage toon with a bit of timing added, a little AFR adjustment at WOT, rev limiter change and emissions codes taken out.

Then, said 'respectible' tooner charges $425 for the file and the customer goes on his merry way, never knowing that he got an ebay toon...
Sounds like you speak from personal dealings  Cheesy^^^
I looked at a few 1.8t files and they are crap. ldrxn maps make no sense, zero fueling changes, more timng (%). will they make more power sure but they are trash

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
mister t

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 06:14:22 PM »

Sounds like you speak from personal dealings  Cheesy^^^
I looked at a few 1.8t files and they are crap. ldrxn maps make no sense, zero fueling changes, more timng (%). will they make more power sure but they are trash

Lol, yes, I speak from personal dealings with Unitronic.... (the 'respected tooner' in my story)...

And yep, I'd say your assessment is correct. Like I said, there are some solid files, however this pack is kinda like a flea market. There's a whole lot of junk and if you're going to find anything worthwhile, you're gonna have to sift through a lot of crap and you need to know in advance what's valuable if you're gonna get any deals.  

With that said, I think that this tune pack will eventually prove to be an asset to the community. For those who are willing to learn, I have a ton of DAMOS files posted. So for those who want to take the time, these tuning files can be a great teaching tool to those who want to put in the effort to decipher them.

I really think this is a breakthrough in a sense as it finally lifts the veil of secrecy that the canned 'tooners' have worked so hard to impose in order to secure their lucrative market for lazy/expensive/crap tunes 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:18:49 PM by mister t » Logged
focalpoint519

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 01:16:59 PM »

I'm learning lots from it, ever since Daz passed away its been one of my only resources as many other's like keeping things like this for themselves. but yeah for learning a great package. I am lucky enough to also have a 2WD dyno,if someone was going to shit on them completely i was going to post some dyno + logs ( i still will because some of these are actually very solid tunes) lots are shit, but whats what u get with a package of 20k files. Something like this doesn't hurt people wanting to learn, lots of examples of shitty tunes, and few goodies, and orig files u can compare to see similarity and what not, some of the things people like myself use to draw part of the picture.
focalpoint519

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 01:21:59 PM »

I also have a package i paid 10 000 USD for with all quality and pirate tunes, if i continue to think no ones really helping me i will post it. i know it would ruin many peoples business so i have been reluctant to, this package is a joke, its only worth 20 dollers, my next contribution will make me a hero forsure.
_nameless

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 02:10:46 PM »

posting others work doesnt make you a hero it makes you a thief

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
focalpoint519

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 03:03:06 PM »

Let me explain my reasoning, today i came here to look for a B5 S4 stage 3 basemap file which was here before, posted as a resource many years ago, DAZ originally sent me this file. Today I could use it, just as it was intended (a basemap), i came here and seen it was removed, i call this a step back, if a tune pack that i paid for happens to have others work, then so be it. If its helpful to someone that means more to me then the implications of my actions, and i will actually do my best to remove anything commercially branded. a map pack or collection of tunes i consider a tool, many tools are on here, and stickys regarding circumvention of protections systems so lets not get into that.   
littco

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 12:29:43 AM »

Sounds like you speak from personal dealings  Cheesy^^^

Lets be honest here, If you can't find the LDRXN, KFZW, IDMX, LAMFA maps by looking at a file or cross comparing it then you probably shouldn't be flashing these maps anyway.

Like you say and I agree with you on this, they are in part pretty trash, they come from yester year when adding fuel to the Lamfa maps and relying on BTS to save a melting engine was the norm, and a lot of these package files do exactly that!

Chances are if you go to a back street tuner you'll end up with one of these maps on your car anyway, so why pay £390 for the luxury!

focalpoint519

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 01:11:53 AM »

Here are a couple damos files for the new users, lots of .ols files and bins included with damos's. im also putting together 40 Premium dyno tested tunes as a supermappack package with A2L's any suggestions of what cars should be included, ill take suggestions, so far im thinking b5,b6,b7 a4, n54 Bmw, n55bmw, w203 benz,b8 a4,a5,s4/5

https://ufile.io/zhyft
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:19:39 AM by focalpoint519 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: