Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Part throttle jerking  (Read 51953 times)
phila_dot

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2012, 07:53:55 PM »

Yes, thats how I figured also.

Here is a plot with mifa_w, mifab_w and misol_w:

misol_w = mifa_w even though mifa_w is ~1.5% over mimax_w, I have to go over the functions more but this leaves me to believe there is some tolerance before intervention is induced.

Just double checked. mifab_w > misolv_w sets B_mdein for use in LLRBB (idle speed control). Not very interesting.

That mifa_w is > mimax_w is interesting though. Gotta dig deeper into MDFAW now.

mimax_w is mainly used in formulating mifa_w.

mifab_w is then min(mifa_w, mimax_w).

In MDBGRG, max(mimax_w, mifafu_w) is the factor for frtmki giving mitmbgr_w. After a min function with about 5 other variables, mibgrl_w is output to MDKOL to potentially limit milsol_w.

It also goes to CAN.

No interventions are directly caused by mimax_w.

Edit: At least not post MDFAW.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:02:31 PM by phila_dot » Logged
Rick

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2012, 03:44:16 AM »

I'm sure you haven't forgotten, but in all this discussion you should distinguish between Level 1 and Level 2 Smiley

Rick
Bische

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2012, 05:37:03 AM »

I'm sure you haven't forgotten, but in all this discussion you should distinguish between Level 1 and Level 2 Smiley

Rick

I dont believe I experience either level1 or 2, since my zwout = zwgru:
phila_dot

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2012, 06:16:28 AM »

Rick

I am focusing on Level 1 intervention.

I believe Level 2 intervention is only active if misolv_w or mizsolv_w > miszul_w.

I haven't gotten to deep into the monitoring functions yet, but it seems like they shouldn't be a problem unless you screw something up.
Rick

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2012, 07:31:05 AM »

Or have no way of removing a limit in Level 1  Smiley
phila_dot

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2012, 07:52:27 AM »

Or have no way of removing a limit in Level 1  Smiley

Are you talking about MDZUL?

According to the text (which typically doesn't mean what one would think), the monitoring limits mirror the regular application limits, so raising the limit in the MDZUL tables would have to be reflected in the UM tables. I haven't seen any indication that any of the limits need/should be raised though.

I prefer not to arbitrarily raise limits when a better result can be had from proper tuning while preserving safegaurds. Don't get me wrong, I tune for max power, but not without a complete understanding of possible repercussions.

I may not have fully understood your statement.
Rick

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »

Phil,

referring to inputs from CAN that you have little control of, e.g. transmission protection. 

Rick
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: