Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Author Topic: WinOLS for a mk4 AUM Golf GTI - 06A906032HJ 0002 (Questions)  (Read 66278 times)
dgpb

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 04:55:14 PM »

Until now, a very basic stage 1.. let's say stage 0.5
Increasing LDRXN at mid-high range, increasing revlimit (I don't shift so late, it's just cause if I had to keep one gear for one turn in a twisty road for example) and finally, allowing left-foot braking.

Later I'm gonna tune a bit intake and exhaust... then for sure I'll have to touch KFMIRL, KFMIOP, inyection, timming, lambdas...

Anyway, with this stage 0.5 I prefer logging everything, It's my first remap and I don't wanna blow my engine.
dgpb

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 05:15:43 PM »

Today arrived my KKL cable, works like charm.
I've read my flash and compared it to the stock 032HJ I downloaded from this forum (Was suspicious about each HJ from each car had any different code area or whatever). It was identical.
I Copypasted all the changes I did last days in the downloaded hj file to my own hj anyway... I'm too maniac and scared of myself  Cheesy

But now i need your help mates, I tried to correct the checksums with me7sum... it corrects all except 1, and I can't get rid of it.

I'm thinking about purchasing the tunerpro checksum plugin but last months were economically detrimental... The student economy, you know...
So could anyone kindly correct my checksums?  Roll Eyes

I attach both files, original and modified and gonna open a thread in "Checksums request", I think maybe it's the correct place for it.
panos1975

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 08:34:30 AM »

cks corrected
dgpb

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 08:38:46 AM »

Thanks a lot lot lot lot Marty for your help with checksums.

I've just flashed to the car and it pulls a lot more. Seems everything is OK but I'm gonna do some logs to be sure anyway.
I'm gonna upload everything I consider important here to keep helping this great community.

I cannot say anything but THANK YOU ALL, NEFMOTO.

Edit: Thank you too panos1975, sorry for not editting before, hope didn't mean a waste of your time.
dgpb

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 10:37:59 AM »

Well, logs done... I were too optimistic with load, its requesting 10 more than obtains.
And lambdas are too rich after 5000 rpm, 0.75, possibly produced by a soft limp mode due to this load defect. And I know I have a boost leak but actual boost is very close to specified, so thats a surprise for me, cause i know theres a boost leak. Maybe without that leak, 150 of charge were plausible.

This days I'll try to decrease load to about 142 or 143 for example and see if lambdas become more logical
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 03:31:38 AM by diegogpb » Logged
dgpb

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 10:41:39 AM »

First things first, the only important mod I've done is maximum specified load (LDRXN & LDRXNZK, I think it's called zk, anyway, under knocking), just for having a base and later, modify any other map if nedeed (Other stuff made is allowing left foot braking and increasing a bit the rev limiter)

So, here's my LDRXN (maximum specified load) modification:
Red = AUM stock
Blue = AUQ stock
Green = Modified óptimum
Orange = Modified under knocking
The reason for making such a curve is to try to keep my clutch safe, torque is what hurts, not power. Now my peak torque is 244Nm@5000prm (obtained from power and engine speed, power obtained from /0.8 rule)
So, I can increase a bit on the midrange without exceeding that 244Nm

Now the logs:

I exctract several conclussions:

I were too optimistic setting LDRXN to a maximum of 150, maybe a totally new and stock AUM can make it, but not my boost-leaking one (Totally stock too)

Maybe that difference between specified and actual load is causing a soft limp mode. I think 0.75 lambdas are way too rich, and driver's requested lambda is stock. perhaps the ecu inyects more fuel to prevent from knocking and/or high combustion temperatures, thinking the engine is not OK due to that load defect.

Other aspect is making me think it's causing a limp mode is ingition timming... none knocking or retardation (I'm using 95 otcane spanish petrol), but is logical with such a rich mixture. The thing is requested angle is too low... with stock 032hj 150bhp file, angles were by far more than 20, and again, timming maps are stock (maybe theres a lot of variation with load, but I don't remember though)

So my idea to the remap revision is to decrease maximum LDRXN to, maybe 143... In that case, the engine can produce that load and there'll be no limp modes.
I'm gonna try a double cone filter from a friend this days to see if 150 of load is not reached because of the restrictive stock air intake, but not so sure about it.

Any advice mates? what do you think?

Ps: One aspect, I'm loosing less boost now than before the remap, I don't understand. And before the remap my n75 was on limp mode working always at 5.1%, and now goes like charm... really, I don't understand it
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:59:17 AM by diegogpb » Logged
dgpb

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2014, 10:11:57 AM »

OK, I think I was right, It's the map for lambda for component protection: I'm getting a limp mode due to that difference between specified and actual load

I'll make a new LDRXN and see what happens
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:35:54 PM by diegogpb » Logged
dgpb

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2014, 04:35:03 PM »

OK, I've corrected LDRXN to values much closer to the obtained in logs. Hope this time lambdas/afr become logical. But I need to correct checksums once more.

Any member can do it for me?

Ps: For the near future, tunerpro checksum plugin works fine? I don't wanna pay for something that doesn't do its job, but I hate asking for mates to correct my checks every time I do a mod... It makes me feel bad. I mean, members that have purchased WinOLS, very expensive, you correct my checks for free... A couple of times is ok, but asking for more seems antiethcal to me.

Take a look at reply 3 at http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6788.0title= , Maybe there some mate has already corrected the checksums and I don't want you to work in vane
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:26:56 PM by diegogpb » Logged
dgpb

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2014, 08:41:04 AM »

Any help?
dgpb

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2014, 10:26:57 AM »

Checks corrected in the checksums thread, many thanks panos1975
dgpb

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 03:14:47 PM »

I can't understand what's happening mates.

I've set LDRXN a bit higher than "actual load" obtained in logs with the first remap (maximum of 150 requested and a bit more actual corrected, maximum of 142 actual)
I suposed: well, maybe now that the engine can reach that load, my rich mixture problems are gone
I was wrong, lambdas are the same (0.75 at high revs) and actual load has decreased !!! now it requests a maximum of 142, 146 actual corrected, and obtains 139 !!!

Here is a Graphic:
Green - 1st remap LDRXN
White - Actual load obtained with the first remap
Yellow - 2nd LDRXN setting remap

Really, I don't understand it. On the other hand, I've logged intake temps... maybe are causing that lambdas, 66ºC. But still I don't understand why I obtain less load than before. It's logic to supose that before, with more load, temps were higer

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:28:18 PM by diegogpb » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 04:38:48 PM »

1) don't use VCDS for logging, use ME7Logger + ECUxPlot for plotting.
2) req/actual load doesn't tell you much, you need req/actual boost.
3) ALWAYS POST THE ORIGINAL CSVs

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dgpb

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 04:45:15 PM »

1) Many thanks for your answer but can you explain why is better me7logger than vcds? Is vcds giving not-true readings?
2) Why would tell me more boost than load if me7.5 has load maps instead of boost ones? Anyway I've logged spec and actual boost too  Wink
3) Ok, I'm gonna upload the cvs files, I did it because I'm spanish and we use "," instead of "." as decimal point, so maybe you'll have to fix the columns
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:48:12 PM by diegogpb » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2014, 04:47:40 PM »

1) Many thanks for your answer but can you explain why is better me7logger than vcds? Is vcds giving not-true readings?

Faster sample rate, far more simultaneous variables.

2) Why would tell me more boost than load if me7.5 has load maps instead of boost ones? Anyway I've logged spec and actual boost too  Wink

There is no ME PID that adjusts boost based on the difference between spec load and actual load.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dgpb

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2014, 04:58:34 PM »

Faster sample rate, far more simultaneous variables.

Ah, perfect, the next log I make will be using me7logger then

There is no ME PID that adjusts boost based on the difference between spec load and actual load.

That make sense, thanks. So, in the non probably case that I'm getting 50 units smaller actual load than requested, doesn't really matter if my actual boost matches requested boost?

Do you think my "shitty" first remap is ok? or I was right when I said is too rich and it's too much load for the engine to pruduce?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:03:12 PM by diegogpb » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: