Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bricked me7.5, MPPS error booting ecu  (Read 2605 times)
Arturpr5

« on: October 03, 2023, 12:02:32 PM »

I had a 032hn bin that I attempted adding NLS to and failed miserably. Engine won't start, TC lamp stays illuminated on the dash, MPPS no longer sees the ECU, neither does nefmoto flasher. I tried doing bootmode with MPPS by grounding pin24 on start-up, but MPPS usually just says "error booting ecu"

A few times I've managed to make it start writing somehow, but it quickly ended with "no response from ECU" error shortly after beginning the flash-erase part of the process.

What I think is happening is that the infineon CPU goes out of bootmode because it gets reset after the initial id process.

I'll try with a 10k resistor from pin24 to ground, left connected for the whole flashing process as suggested by some.

Other than that, is there anything else I can try? I don't have galetto, and no bench harness. I'm doing bootmode in the car
Arturpr5

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 01:00:07 PM »

Update: the resistor method didn't fix the issue. However, I now know that the CPU is indeed in bootmode, the bootstrap loader gets sent successfully but it doesn't send back the baud rate recognition info.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 05:12:07 PM »

Generic> vag me7 1mb flash
 Tongue

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Arturpr5

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 05:45:48 PM »

Generic> vag me7 1mb flash
 Tongue

Exactly what I tried. It only starts flashing sometimes, maybe every 10th attempt, but it always fails soon after, with "no reply from ECU". Usually it doesn't even start with "error booting ecu"

Also before I get hate for NLS: I didn't use the script, I did my best trying to patch the available code using the PDF from s4wiki. I failed  Tongue  I should have disabled checksums, probably.
Arturpr5

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 10:37:26 AM »

I did it! Wired up a ghetto bench harness with alligator clips and it flashed successfully in bootmode. I couldn't get MPPS to read or write in normal mode on bench though, "conditions not met".

Anyways, car works now with no DTCs.

For my own satisfaction, I still want to know why bootmode in the car was unsuccessful. I have no other ideas apart from too low voltage (my baterry was kinda flat) or noise on the Kline from other modules interfering with the bootmode flashing process.

I'd also like to know how to patch the NLS code successfully, but I know it's frowned upon here Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: