Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Any Super Charged Audi ME7.X ECU bin  (Read 15905 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 01:26:41 PM »

Stock housing? You should measure and compare to a known stock unit.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
keithwbloom

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 01:35:29 PM »

It is the stock housing (inasmuch as it is original to the car.) If you want dimensions, I can measure openings with caliper.
k0mpresd

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 01:53:51 PM »

I'm going to go with incorrect maf/injector scaling on this one. Once the error is thrown the ecu ignores the maf reading and runs off default values.

im going to say the car idles like crap because of all the mismatched hardware and software. car runs and adapts the idle to its liking.
then comes the supercharger, pulling tons more air through the maf than stock, it maxes KFMLDMX and throws a maf signal to high error.
he clears it, clears adaption, and its back to square one.
keithwbloom

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »

I think you are both correct. I think that Dacz is probably correct or at least on the right track about the car running on default/learned values after MAF error is posted. k0mpresd you are right on about the clearing codes clears the adaptations.

This setup is working passably as a daily driver because the ECU does not know the increased flow rate of the injectors. The increased air coming through is being mixed with more fuel than stock injectors would have provided and the happy accident is that it works well enough to get by until I can pursue a more resolved solution on both fronts (MAF and injector calibrations). I am wondering if the OE/stock 30V ECU air/fuel/load maps will be a good start if the baselines for the MAF and fuel injectors are updated, or is that not how it works? In my neophyte brain case, I imagine that since the SC boosts air flow in a near direct relationship to engine speed, the air/fuel/load maps would be be pretty close to what would be optimal, except that the scale applied to air and fuel calculations would be greater from idle.

Perhaps tonight I can look at the bins again and once more try to get that toehold of understanding that would make this communication easier from your end and more productive for me towards a better resolved solution. I really appreciate the interest you both have applied towards this.

Cheers,

Keith
ddillenger

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »

Just a thought, but maybe a 2.7 based ecu would be a better fit. It would know what to do with boost.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
k0mpresd

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 03:09:38 PM »

Just a thought, but maybe a 2.7 based ecu would be a better fit. It would know what to do with boost.

add map, minus n75. seems like a giant can of worms.
keithwbloom

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 03:25:37 PM »

If I run my PC shotgun tomorrow morning, what applications/logging should I do for best perspective on what is happening at stock/reset ECU setup, self-adjusted after MAF error ECU setup and then potentially the same scenarios with Josh's first tune on my original ATQ ECU?

• 1. I have full version of VCDS (KEY II USB)
  • 2. I just downloaded NefMoto Flasher Logger 1.9.3.2 and have compatible blue OBD-II dongle
  • 3. I have a freshly rebuilt Windows XP Professional SP3 OS ThinkPad dedicated to my VAG tuning

I have a myriad of other minor VAG utilities (VAG Dash, Galletto, VAGTacho) as well, but i think the two above are the only ones that offer real-time logging capabilities.

Do I just drive around? Do I try to spin it up to max revs under load (like a 2nd or 3rd gear pull?) How long do I have to drive for a meaningful data set? Of course all this will perhaps be very clear to me once I get started, but I am just trying to get an idea for how much time I need to steal away from my desk to get this nagging to-do to-did. Wink

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:27:12 PM by keithwbloom » Logged
airtite

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 07:36:22 AM »

have you managed to read your flash? Are you running a stock file?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »

Do I just drive around? Do I try to spin it up to max revs under load (like a 2nd or 3rd gear pull?)

generally, do a single gear pull from 3000 rpm to redline, unless there is a specific thing you are trying to debug (idle, warmup, shifts, etc).

2nd generally goes by too quickly unless you have a very slow car Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: