Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 0x22 Read Data By Local ID  (Read 5457 times)
terminator

« on: March 09, 2021, 04:09:56 AM »

Am I correct that all Data IDs (DIDs) are not the same for any VAG MED17 UDS ECU?
gt-innovation

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 04:34:52 AM »

Am I correct that all Data IDs (DIDs) are not the same for any VAG MED17 UDS ECU?

1.The DIDs are not the same but there are common ones among them.
2.The values that come from sensors are usually different from generation to generation
3.Basic Functions like Vin identification are usually the same on all UDS ecus
4.DIDs from Sensor values, bit-masked variables etc are hashed into a table in ram.

You can find a reference in rom from those variables but you will not be able to match them with the did.They are located under rdbi config area.
Easier way to identify them if you have no disassembly skills, is to use a can sniffer and a diagnostic device that has the ability to do 0x22(rdbi) requests over uds.
terminator

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 05:36:41 AM »

Thanks. I found these RAM offsets and the corresponding DIDs, but if so called Signalnames are different for each ECU it doesn't make sense.
gt-innovation

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 09:40:43 AM »

Thanks. I found these RAM offsets and the corresponding DIDs, but if so called Signalnames are different for each ECU it doesn't make sense.

As i stated above. Not all of them are different.This is the reason VCDS has so many rod files Smiley Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: