Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Load capping out  (Read 24714 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 08:53:21 AM »

I can't think of any variable cap limits that have been solved.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 08:59:21 AM »

It is a bit more complicated but as you said nothing impossible. I have already made a list with stuff that has to be changed (mainly fho and ps-rl/rl-ps related). I'm on holidays this week but I can send you the list next week if you like so things will develope a bit faster as I'm not sure if I will be done with my hardware as planned

Sure, I'll take that list...
I will be away for the first week of September, but after that I can spend some time on this, and with the emulator it will go a lot faster as well.

And yes, there is no good way to solve this without doing it properly. Or at least it's not worth it.
Just need to for example half the boost resolution precision... and adjust everything that references boost.

Also, it makes sense to do this on 551K, but not so much sense on M-box, etc. This is because if your load axes cap out at 191 on crucial maps you can't really tune properly anyway.
So you might as well underscale...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:09:49 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
s5fourdoor

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 10:59:25 AM »

Sure, I'll take that list...
I will be away for the first week of September, but after that I can spend some time on this, and with the emulator it will go a lot faster as well.

And yes, there is no good way to solve this without doing it properly. Or at least it's not worth it.
Just need to for example half the boost resolution precision... and adjust everything that references boost.

Also, it makes sense to do this on 551K, but not so much sense on M-box, etc. This is because if your load axes cap out at 191 on crucial maps you can't really tune properly anyway.
So you might as well underscale...

Thank you for pioneering this project.  As you know I'm actively trying to switch the M-box crowd to K-box with my own thread.
silentbob said it the best:  this is one big picture.  The community necessary to repair these tangible issues appears to continue growing...
lulu2003

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 04:00:19 PM »

how do 1.6++ bar engine mods work with ME7 properly without dirty hacks?

so the big picture "project" will be modifying the ECU that it work like stock and proper diagnostic, internal physics:

- underscale MAP, PU and all 16 bit pressure values by factor 2, find all references in calculation, maps, curves, values in parameter space and shift accordingly.
  Underscaled 16 bit should be still precise enough: better than 0.1 mbar

what about 8 bit occurrences?

do any stock ME7 exist with controlled boost over 1.55bar?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 04:04:47 PM »

do any stock ME7 exist with controlled boost over 1.55bar?

Pretty much all use fixed duty cycle or standalone boost control (in parallel, or alone).

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2012, 01:28:14 AM »

how do 1.6++ bar engine mods work with ME7 properly without dirty hacks?

They don't right now.
You underscale the MAF to keep LOAD sane, and used fixed DC in the last row of the duty map...
It works more or less OK, but of course spoolup could be improved by properly using the PID and underscaling LOAD takes a while to dial in, even if you only do it up top.

That said - on ECU's where all the load axes on maps like KFZW/KFZW2 are 8 bit, you will have to underscale load anyway on big power setups, because otherwise you can not control ignition over 191 load.
You can not solve the MAP limit without the LOAD limit though and vice versa, because these are connected.

Log your car properly.
prj

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 08:43:57 AM »

silentbob, any luck with that list?
I got my emulator, and I got some time that I can dedicate to this problem.

I would need to start working on a base file...

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: