Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MED 9.1 immo of help  (Read 12487 times)
dodik

« on: April 27, 2014, 11:54:48 AM »

Hi all,

could somebody be so kind and help me with the immo defeat on my spare ecu MED9.1 ? 

I was trying to find some info for dummies about it but without any success. The only thing I know is that I need to change the data in eeprom and flash (0x6C00 to 0x6FFF ?) but no clue what exactly.  Wink

Attached files are from MED 9.1 1Z0907115 ECU SKODA OCTAVIA 2.0 TFSI (most likely it was already tuned?)

Thanks in advance.
matchew

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 12:00:20 PM »

Awesome first post!

Why the need for immo off? Why not just align the immo?
dodik

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 12:28:49 PM »

Awesome first post!

Why the need for immo off? Why not just align the immo?

My short story:
I got a commercial ecu tune but after a couple of months I got an error "internal checksum memmory error. I was told that this issue was not caused by the tune itself but it's a common issue of this ecu model (MED9.1). To fix it I have to get a skoda dealer ecu update and then again pay for new tune. Instead of that I bought a used ecu from crashed car (without PIN code). I also would like to get to this topic of tuning ecu. After I read some posts I got a feeling that defeat immo would be easier way than allign immo. On the other hand, it's my daily car so I'm afraid to get stuck with car. :-)

So what do you think is better solution for swapping ecu?
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 12:30:41 PM »

This file is tuned and has 2 checksum errors.

I'd look into that as the cause of your code.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
dodik

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 12:35:36 PM »

This file is tuned and has 2 checksum errors.

I'd look into that as the cause of your code.

But this ecu (attached files) I have never used before. I would like to use it in my car but at the moment I don't know how I can handle the immo topic.
dodik

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 10:45:44 AM »

Hi guys,

so far nobody is willing to help me? I've read  a nice post http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5418.0  where the guy basically asked the same thing but it didn't come as a suprise that at the end of the day there is still somebody experienced from this forum who did the thing for him.

It would be much apreciated if you could at least extract PIN code from ECU that I could follow http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_IV_ECU_Swapping. But still it could be much better if  i could have immo of.

Thanks!
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 10:53:32 AM »

My question to you is this. You have a working ecu in your car. You have a spare. Why not read out the working one and clone the flash immo data at 6C00 into the new ecu, and use your working eeprom?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
dodik

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 11:28:35 AM »

Yes, you are right and this could be the best option for me but:

One of the reason why I bought space ecu is that I don't want to manipulate my orig ecu (open it or write it and so on) unless I'm not 100 % sure what I'm doing. It supposed to be my backup in case something goes wrong wiht my spare ecu.
Anyway, if I understood you corretly I have to copy eeprom data and flash data (from 0x6C00 to 0x6FFF) from my orgi ecu to spare ecu and it should work without making any kind of adaptions and so on. Am I right?

As I mentioned earlier, my starting point was "unresolvable" problem with my ORIG ecu when I got error after commercial tuned ecu . After research it seems to be some very known issue of this model ECU (MED9.1 bwa engine) http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16985/P0601/001537 and the only solution is to get the last software revision to fix it. So instead of paying for delaer update and new ecu tune I bought already tune spare ecu for testing.

So far I couldn't find answer what is the reason of this issue and how it's possilbe that the only solution is to update ecu software.  (What is location of integrity data issue  eeprom or flash?). So bassically I don't want copy any data from orig ecu to spare because I don't want to clone this issue on my spare ecu as well. But maybe my thinking is completly wrong and you can bring light to the darkeness. :-)

Thanks for you effort here!
dodik

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 12:53:59 PM »

Hi all,

Finally I got immo off  my MED9.1 and it works like charm. I believe it's all about copy right data at right place in flash and eeprom. Correct me if I'm wrong but this "top secret" data can be used for any other MED 9.1 ecu with the same result.

Anyway if anybody is interested in this data just let me now and I can provide them without any stupid remarks.

Cheers
RallyeCAV606

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 04:43:31 AM »

Dear dodi,

I also try to change an ecu in an Audi S3 with MED9.1. Can you please help me with the immo?
dodik

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 04:30:49 AM »

Dear dodi,

I also try to change an ecu in an Audi S3 with MED9.1. Can you please help me with the immo?

Send me PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: