Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi A4 Steering Control Module  (Read 2954 times)
littco

« on: August 06, 2014, 11:48:22 AM »

So anyone that has fitted a Cruise to their A4 will know that the L/N version is needed over the common F/S ( unless you have a multi spoke wheel)

These for the rarity seem to go for silly money so I had a look on my S verion and the new N version to see if the boards where Identical and it was a firmware difference.

So I was wondering if it's possible to copy the firmware off the MCU on the N and copy to the S and add the missing connector pins( which I@m sure you can buy)

Question is, I have carprog which lists the motolora 4l52h MCU ( which is good) but looking at the documentation for motorola ( attached hard to tell which chip it is need so I can know which pins to connect the carprog cable too. Interestingly when you select the 4l52h it comes up with Audi A4 in the security options so I guess it must work!

An ideas anyone, I'm happy to play but very little experience along these lines!

ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »

I can't really help, but I can say I had to do this recently with a range rover steering angle sensor. I used one from a BMW and copied the eeprom and MCU. It works well.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: