Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Problem emulating M383/M592- disabling checksums?  (Read 2831 times)
nbdiy

« on: June 08, 2018, 10:16:46 AM »

Hi, I want to emulate a 2.3V5 Ecu (Vw Bora) with moates roadrunner, but everytime I do changes in dump the Ecu seem to make a reset.

I use winols and prj´s tool: I load the dump on roadrunner 4 times stacked and I can start and drive the car.
But when I make changes, the ecu seem to shut off for about a second.
In Idle the Engine dies then. While driving, it´s like like making short ignition off and on.

I tried several drivers (different baud rates and the setting to 1ms) and Laptops, because the roadrunner seems to have problem with one off them. But this problem remains.

I´m thinking about checksum that maybe is incorrect for a short moment, while transferring data, but I didn´t found anything about this for M383/M592, maybe someone here can explain how he does it with sucess?
Is there maybe something like noromchk in ME7?

I tried disabling checksums in dump (picture attached), but I don´t have really good skills and almost no knowledge about this. But it seems to make a difference, because the engine won´t die anymore, it´s only like its resets everything for a short moment (Idle falls to 200-300rpm short), if I don´t correct checksum there are no errors anymore in this Ecu.
Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Thank you
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:22:31 AM by nbdiy » Logged
prj

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 10:47:23 AM »

Try NOP-ing instead of inverting.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
k0mpresd

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 11:03:09 AM »

chksum check can be disabled in flash. this works to remove rom errors when editing data outside the normal chk`d area, possible will fix your chksum issue as well.
nbdiy

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 12:26:37 PM »

Try NOP-ing instead of inverting.
Thanks, I´ll give it a try.
I´ll also take a longer look at this. I can neither actually sure say that I found all what I need, else that I´m on the right way, but the fact that the checksum-error won´t occur make me believe that this could be the right direction.

chksum check can be disabled in flash. this works to remove rom errors when editing data outside the normal chk`d area, possible will fix your chksum issue as well.

Okay, thats what I tried, but my knowledge is really limited actually about things like this, maybe you can give me a hint?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: