Pages: [1]
Author Topic: swap SKODA cluster with VW (citigo -> UP!)  (Read 2722 times)
stav13

« on: February 12, 2021, 01:21:00 AM »

hello everyone,

I am planning to do the swap mentioned in the title...
Swap the stock cluster from a SKODA Citigo with green display to a maxidot cluster from a VW UP.
Swapping with maxidot from SKODA has been done already, but with a VW never..
I have checked pinouts, wiring diagrams etc and they are all identical,after all they are siblings Smiley Smiley ....the only difference is that vw part no. is 1S0xxx xxx and Skoda 1STxxx xxx.
I have asked the guy that did skoda to skoda swap and he is not believing it can be done.
Official dealers (using ODIS) say they can try but the difference in part no. even if I find a SKODA cluster, might stop online programming system in proceeding with immo and km pogramming.

Any ideas about it will be greatly appreciated..

regards
H2Deetoo

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 04:00:45 AM »

It's no problem to do that!
Just copy immo data over from orig to target cluster, and change BRAND byte in the immo data.
Then it will work just fine.

If you don't know how to do that, please post both eeproms of the orig and target cluster.

Rgs H2Deetoo
H2Deetoo

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 04:01:34 AM »

Forget about using ODIS for this!
stav13

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 06:59:16 AM »

unfortunatelly I just started reading about these modifications so total noob here Smiley Smiley Smiley

I have ordered a vcds which I will receive today , but I think it does not do what you ask, does it?
What cable is the best for doing it? maybe someone in the local vag or skoda club has one to borrow...
Also whenever you have time, can you send me a more detailed description of how to obtain eeprom data (or a link of how to do it if it is mentioned elswwhere)?

thank you

PS: I just called an indepedent electronics shop that does mods like the one I want, and he replied that only an official dealer could program the new (used) cluster due to immo data being loaded online from SKODA ...was he bs me??
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 07:01:15 AM by stav13 » Logged
H2Deetoo

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 08:44:32 AM »

He is talking bs indeed...
stav13

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 09:21:22 AM »

Finally my new cluster is installed...

I owe everything to Bonny aka H2Deetoo..
It would not have happened without his help, as a lot if fiddling was needed due to the fact that cluster came from a VW and not  a Skoda.
I couldn't find anyone in Greece to do the mod, so I send it to Bonny in Holland who did a perfect job for a very reasonable fee...he is also a great guy besides a great modder as he is helping me a lot with my other mods and the troubles I have come across...

Thank again for everything Bonny...

H2Deetoo

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 09:23:51 AM »

You are welcome Smiley
terok

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 09:55:10 AM »

It's the "brand" or "power class" byte that prevents adapting used devices to other cars (with ODIS). This also happens among different models within same manufacturer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: