Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WNWSEAPP  (Read 16262 times)
vwaudiguy

« on: April 11, 2015, 10:38:00 PM »

I'm trying to enable vvt adjustment in an HS bin. Based on the threads I've seen on the topic here (of people who have got this working) some have a value of 2304, whereas the 8N0906018CB (vvt enabled file?) bin has 18. 18 makes sense to me, but looking for verification/input from someone with more knowledge. I've attached a screenshot from one of the threads using a DR ecu. Some of the values in the shot don't look correct as well. I've basically took all those maps in the screenshot, and made the HS file match the CB values. Also what's up with KFNWKHE in the screenshot? Are these all the maps I need to port over to get this working? Thanks!

Here's a link to the page of the thread I got the info from  http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2102.45
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:10:04 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 11:33:17 PM »

If it's like most other 1.8t's, VVT is not disabled. It's just not enabled on a WOT pull. Adjsut KFNWSE for the loads/engine speeds you want it active.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 11:37:45 PM »

I'll try that, thanks. I hope this is the case. What's up with all these threads making it sound like a major undertaking? Most people came back with "I adjusted KFNWSE and nothing changed".

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Dave87VRS

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 04:20:13 AM »

Been reading up on this as would like to try it on my 32HN bin only downside is the xdf doesnt have all the addresses. Maybe because its not possible?
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 09:28:51 AM »

Maybe because its not possible?

That must be it. Not because whoever created the xdf didn't add it, but because it is in fact impossible.

Tongue

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
technic

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »

ddillenger - The master of sarcasm Tongue
vwaudiguy

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 02:37:06 PM »

Haha.

Dave, My goal is to figure this out today. Once I get it sorted, I'll let you know what I needed to do. Our bins should be just about the same. The information on this is pretty scattered, with no real definitive for sure way to do it. At least to me!

ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 04:43:43 PM »

Let me be definitive.

If you have a mk4 that has VVT, and want to use it on a WOT pull, modifying KFNWSE is what you need to do.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 04:47:39 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Dave87VRS

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 06:41:20 PM »

Haha.

Dave, My goal is to figure this out today. Once I get it sorted, I'll let you know what I needed to do. Our bins should be just about the same. The information on this is pretty scattered, with no real definitive for sure way to do it. At least to me!

Thank you vwaudiguy
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 07:12:29 PM »

haha

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Dave87VRS

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 07:35:49 AM »

Let me be definitive.

If you have a mk4 that has VVT, and want to use it on a WOT pull, modifying KFNWSE is what you need to do.

Would you recommend editing a HN bin with an HS xdf? The thread where i got my xdf suggests that addresses starting with //" or similiar could be incorrect. Saying that when i looked at it with a DR xdf it was the same
316LV

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 11:18:09 AM »

FWIW I use a HS xdf for the HN. Haven't found anything that doesn't line up yet. Keep in mind I'm just a stage 1 guy so not using anything but the more common maps.

KFNWSE should be 16x8, 16bit, LSB, factor 0.007813 * X @ 0x1767E for the HN.

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 07:50:59 PM »

Let me be definitive.

Started with a stock HS 0007 file. Only changed KFNWSE. No change in cam timing. Does this need to be @ wot for it to engage? I changed values from 1k-4k rpm, and 30 load (not sure if this is load, pedal position, or something else) on up to 100, so I would assume it should have changed at those lower loads as well as @ wot. Any ideas?

sn00k

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 09:15:34 AM »

old cluttered xdf file for the HN.. but it contains what you need.. and much more..  Tongue
vwaudiguy

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 09:48:10 AM »

Thanks for the contribution, sn00k. I'm using a well defined ols for this project, and I believe the definitions are correct. I was able to get the vvt function working (but only by changing all those maps in the first post attachment), but have to use the warm-up map rather than KFNWSE. I assumed it was because FNWTME needed to be changed, but changing this map had no effect. Changing KFNWSE does nothing so far..If I'm understanding the FR correctly, 0=KFNWWLE and 1=KFNWSE in FNWTME.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:48:05 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: