Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WNWSEAPP  (Read 16263 times)
Dave87VRS

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 06:30:18 AM »

Had a look using the xdf snook posted but cant find the stuff i need that was posted up in that screenshot. Ive made changes to my bin using a 32DR xdf but to afraid to flash it just incase
vwaudiguy

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 08:49:44 PM »

Fairly certain you also need to change FNWTME along with KFNWSE. Going to try tomorrow. I didn't see all the maps in sn00k's xdf, but he said everything I needed was in there, so..

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Dave87VRS

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 04:57:02 AM »

Well 5 minutes ago i went to flash my edited file and before i opened nefmoto my laptops battery decided to fail despite only been a few months old. Must be an omen
Dave87VRS

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 06:59:54 AM »

. Dont edit a hn.bin with a DR xdf. Lesson learnt
SB_GLI

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 09:36:33 AM »

Fairly certain you also need to change FNWTME along with KFNWSE. Going to try tomorrow. I didn't see all the maps in sn00k's xdf, but he said everything I needed was in there, so..

What did you come up with here? I'm running 032PL BTW. I've attempted to only modify KFNWSE yesterday and it didn't work.  I've defined a bunch of maps based on fukenbroken's 032DR VVT xdf and am going to attempt modifing FNWTME based on this:

"0=KFNWWLE and 1=KFNWSE in FNWTME"

I am not positive about having the correct location of FNWTME, so if that fails, gonna give KFNWWLE a shot.
SB_GLI

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 10:08:42 AM »

I think the definitions I made for these maps are off. 

I just went and tweaked what I thought was KFNWWLE and it finally made the cam state change, albeit not what I wanted at all.  Instead of being on from 2 to 3.5k rpm (identical changes in KFNWSE and KFNWWLE), it was on from 4250 to 5000 the again from 5600 to 6000, when I let off the throttle. 

Time to figure out the correct defs for these tables.

SB_GLI

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 12:50:44 PM »

My issue turned out to be the major order defined for these tables.  Needed to be Column vs Row.

I have VVT on between 1720 and 3500.   This results in vvt switching off around 4k.

See log screenshot and maps screenshot for details.

Now that I got it working, and it looks like it's resulting in faster spool for my FT, so it's time to tune it.  I plan on modifying the rpm axis slightly to turn it off a little earlier.  Also I am not sure if KFNWSE is doing the job or if KFNWWLE is.  I will narrow that down as well.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 05:21:43 PM »

I've compared many files to verify the location of FNWTME. Originally I had a tuned file that did not have VVT enabled. FNWTME was zero'd out completely (axis and values, which made me think it was defined wrong)... In that file I can now control cam timing, but only using FNWWLE. I made all the changes listed in the first post. I should have been able to use KFNWSE by changing the values in FWNTME, but using 1's or 0's it still only uses the warm-up map. In another stock file (HS 0007) I tried changing JUST KFNWSE and there was no cam change. Daz said VVT was not disabled which makes sense because it still uses it during warm-up for emmisions in stock form. I need to try that car again with other values changed to see what really makes VVT active when warmed up, and at part-throttle and wot. I then made a file from scratch using a BAM 225 as a base (on the engine with the tuned file bigger injectors and turbo no maf), and everything worked as the FR says...This tuned file also has the ability to run mafless, so this could have something to do with it..I see why a lot of the guys say not to eff with a tuned file, but hey it doesn't hurt to try...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:24:32 AM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
SB_GLI

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 08:32:35 AM »

Based on my testing from last night, I needed to make my changes in KFNWWLE.  Changes only in KFNWSE did nothing.  I did not test changes only in KFNWWLE.  Currently I have identical changes in KFNWSE and KFNWWLE and it's behaving how I want it to.  I am not sure that I care enough to test changes to FNWTME to switch over to the KFNWSE map, but I would guess that this would work as it was previously described a couple posts back.

This all assumes I have my definitions correct, which I believe I do after comparing with many different files. Smiley
vwaudiguy

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 08:49:00 AM »

I would be willing to bet if you changed KFNWSE back to stock values it wouldn't make a difference. This is the same behavior I saw with that tuned file. Did you try changing FNWTME?

SB_GLI

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 09:06:08 AM »

Yes, I agree with you.  I didn't bother with FNWTME because I am not 100% about my definition (I think it's right), and I ran out of time, and now just don't care.  Smiley 
vwaudiguy

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 10:24:34 AM »

and now just don't care.  Smiley 

Well, I do. Smiley I should have some time later this week to try some other combos and I'll post here what I find. Thanks for chiming in!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: